Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Chase,

Was wondering if you recommend any products for perfecting glass care.

Thing is, since my car is a daily driver, I notice at times when the sun's rays hit my windshield during the morning or evening, it brings to lights hundreds of little spots 'embedded' (or so they seem) in the glass itself.

I am unable to feel them with my hands externally, and no amount of claying seems to help.

If you are able to understand what I am talking about, what can you recommend to deal with this?

I'm pretty sure this will not help me for now, until I get rid of those spots from the glass.

All this despite waxing the glass regularly :(

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Just throwing this out there, but do you do a lot of highway driving? If so, do they use sand on the roads in winter? Just a guess is that they are actual super tiny chips in the glass from sand and other stuff being tossed around by other cars that you can't even hear when it hits your windshield. Usually you don't see that until quite a few years worth of driving though.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just throwing this out there, but do you do a lot of highway driving? If so, do they use sand on the roads in winter? Just a guess is that they are actual super tiny chips in the glass from sand and other stuff being tossed around by other cars that you can't even hear when it hits your windshield. Usually you don't see that until quite a few years worth of driving though.
This seems to make the most sense Cuda. Thank you.
And yes, it does look like sand particles all over the screen, when the light hits it at certain angles.

Never knew that something as little as SAND could create so much damage.

Beginning to think its easier to care for paint than glass..

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
The new glass they use in cars is much softer and chips easier, reportedly.

Mine looks terrible, and I know others with all different makes of cars have the same problem.

I am also seeking a solution to this problem.

I've heard toothpaste works well as a glass polishing compound, haven't tried it.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new glass they use in cars is much softer and chips easier, reportedly.

Mine looks terrible, and I know others with all different makes of cars have the same problem.
*sigh*

First crappy water based paints, and now this?

:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Don't try to polish it... I didn't, but found out it's a bad idea.

Looks like replacement is the way to go.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Safelite repair, safelite replace! Give those guys a shout and ask what they/you can do.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hello Chase,

Was wondering if you recommend any products for perfecting glass care.

Thing is, since my car is a daily driver, I notice at times when the sun's rays hit my windshield during the morning or evening, it brings to lights hundreds of little spots 'embedded' (or so they seem) in the glass itself.

I am unable to feel them with my hands externally, and no amount of claying seems to help.

If you are able to understand what I am talking about, what can you recommend to deal with this?

I'm pretty sure this will not help me for now, until I get rid of those spots from the glass.

All this despite waxing the glass regularly :(
A few different things bro.....
The windshield damage. If it's the size of a "pencil tip" it's what the other guys are referring to, simply damage from road debris, and you'll have to live with it, or replace the windshield. If it's actual ETCHING (outline of water spots), then yes, you can polish that out. But there's a difference between the two, and I can't tell without a pic. Sound good?

Also, wax on a windshield will HELP, but it won't get ya far. MAYBE a month if you're lucky, and if it barely rains, lol. Not sure where ya heard to do that? Correct on the glass cleaner & sealant combo, MUCH better product for glass, with MUCH better durability!!

I'll help in any way I can, just might need a pic. But the info above should get ya sorted out. :beerchug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts