Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently bought a 2013 pursuit model. It had all the police equipment taken out of it and the front speakers do not work. I tried plugging brand new speakers in to see if maybe the speakers were bad however they still would not work. I also went into the settings and the fade is set even with the back. I also tried setting the fade to just the front speakers and they still did not work.

Wondering if someone could help me trouble shoot what the problem might be with these.

I also noticed that neither of my 12 volt outlets are plugged in and I was wondering what the wires looked like going to them? I have four wires that have red female spade ends on them but I believe the 12 volt outlets have three terminals.

Thank you for the help and sorry there is so much info here!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Those dead front speakers are probably gonna be because the PD used them for their 2-way radios and when they pulled the radios out, they just left the wires hanging. Just look up under the dash or behind the glove box and see if the wires are there, then have to match them up to the radio harness.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did you figure out the front speakers not working?

We have the same problem... thanks for any help you can give.
Pull off the heater control panel.

Then remove the 4 screws holding the CD player.

Pull the cd player from the car.

The large harness on the left side will have 4 wires cut.

Match the colors and reconnect and you will be good to go.

Seen it a hundred times on the pursuits

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you figure out the front speakers not working?

We have the same problem... thanks for any help you can give.
By chance did you figure out what happened to the front speakers? We have the same issue in my son's car. Dealer wants to replace the speakers, buyt i dont know how thaty could all go bad at the same time. it's frustrating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts