Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

I am getting mixed information and answers from the supplier on the Mopar front strut and rear strut tower parts.

Are these the same thing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-10-Chall...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8750685e

The supplier on Amazon said it would fit my 2013 Charger. Their description says it does not fit the 2011 Challenger*. Neither Amazon or eBay say the part will fit the newer gen Chargers.

These are the individual part numbers they gave me when I provided my VIN to lookup the compatible parts.

P5155950
P5155951AB

So I would like to know before I drop $700-800 if this will actually fit on my vehicle. :blockhead:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Look at the PNs closely. I ordered a rear brace last year from mopar. When they went to install it the fitment was no good...challenger is an LD while the charger is an LX, that's where the braces differ. The PNs are very similar.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Look at the PNs closely. I ordered a rear brace last year from mopar. When they went to install it the fitment was no good...challenger is an LD while the charger is an LX, that's where the braces differ. The PNs are very similar.

Check your designations:

Codes are:
•LX: for 2011 Chrysler 300
•LC: for 2011 Dodge Challenger
•LD: for 2011 Dodge Charger

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas -- now the next question is whether that rear strut makes a significant difference to the handling? I would save quite a bit if I just got the front one. Does anyone just have the front done on theirs? If so, did you notice a difference?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Thanks fellas -- now the next question is whether that rear strut makes a significant difference to the handling? I would save quite a bit if I just got the front one. Does anyone just have the front done on theirs? If so, did you notice a difference?
I would like to know myself, I've been wanting the Speedlogix front strut bar for some time.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I have a front petty bar, and I felt more of a difference going over bumps then through turns. When I'm going over a bumpy road where there's a lot of dips and such the car doesn't bounce me around everywhere like it used to, it stays more composed and parallel to the ground.

Also I felt the steering tighten just a tad, but in cornering... Unless I'm pushing it to the brink (near tire screeching) then there's not much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
In general, the strut bar doesn't produce much difference in cornering unless you are running a very stiff suspension.

The stiffer components transfer more differential force to the frame (instead of absorbing them) and causes it to flex. The strut bar makes it stiffer so it can resist the forces applied and not exhibit flexing.

Short answer: not much gain from front and rear bars unless you have done a serious suspension upgrade (or have very stiff one from the factory)...and if you have, it's worth every penny to add the bars.

The rough road improvement that Torred 3.5 described is generally all you will see without a suspension upgrade. That's because rough roads can cause differential forces that the stock suspension can't absorb and therefore the frame flexes. The improvement is a result of the same reasons described above.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Check your designations:

Codes are:

•LX: for 2011 Chrysler 300

•LC: for 2011 Dodge Challenger

•LD: for 2011 Dodge Charger

I was going off of what the bozo at dodge told me...figures he was wrong. The pre 11 chargers were considered lx though right?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all -- I ordered these parts and they are going to be here by Tuesday. :rocker:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got them installed...they were the right parts. Please forgive the dirty engine bay. She's in need of a good cleaning!

I took her out and did some aggressive driving. I must say I felt more confident, but who knows maybe it's just in my head. Anyway thanks again for the help with the part numbers. :)

Reactions: Charger-2014

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey, techdude, that looks SICK! Nice Beats sub in the trunk btw. Who did your install?
I've been eyeing the strut tower braces for a while now. I'm just afraid of the back ones since you have to cut into the carpets and I don't want it to look imperfect. But yours look factory. Did the braces come with those black velcro things to cover the cuts in the trunk?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man!

I didn't do the install myself, but from what my buddy said who did the install, it was a little bit of a pain in the butt. He owns a body shop in town. You do have to cut the carpet in the trunk but it does come with everything as you seen in the pic. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts