Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know front plates are the law in many states (including mine, Texas). But, they are one fugly addition to the car. Are they dealer installed or factory?

Texas is 'relaxed' in giving tickets for no front plates, and I would like to keep my front bumper smooth if all it took was firm instruction to my dealership 'No license plate holder!' Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
1RTw/RT4ME said:
I know front plates are the law in many states (including mine, Texas). But, they are one fugly addition to the car. Are they dealer installed or factory?

Texas is 'relaxed' in giving tickets for no front plates, and I would like to keep my front bumper smooth if all it took was firm instruction to my dealership 'No license plate holder!' Has anyone done this?
they are dealer installed... mine was still sitting in a sealed plastic bag in the trunk of my car when I took delivery... (no front plate required in AZ)

·
Registered
245 Posts
They are dealer installed.

I live in Ohio and we've had front plates for as long as I can remember.

I told my dealer NOT to install my front bracket, and He didn't.

It's in the trunk along with the plate, just in case I get nailed, and have to put it on.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ive lived in IL and VA and they both require it and ive NEVER had it. ive never gotten busted for it either. it seems like its one of those things they wont pull you over for, but if you're getting a ticket for something else, you're gonna get one for that.

dude with his plate and bracket in the truck has the best idea. you just show that to the police and say "hey, i have the parts, i have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow to have it installed." and alls dandy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's required in OH like Waited said. Fortunetly I'm about 5 minutes from the Michigan border so cops are relaxed about it here as well. Michigan has no front license plate law and they actually allow darker tints so we can usually get away with that as well.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
They gave me the option to install it or not. I looked at the location and decided it was worth it to avoid additional LE grief (I've got a great track record of talking my way out of tickets :whistle: ) so I wanted to avoid any possible aggravating factors.

I really don't like how the Stratus and the 300 look with front plates, but I can live with the Charger's layout...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts