Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm going to pick up my front lip spoiler and I have a Q?

Is there any drilling required?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, you'll need to drill into the front facia to attach the lip spoiler. I taped the spoiler in place and then drilled the holes required. I then used stainless allen bolts and lock nuts to attach. Started from the middle and worked my way out to the edges.

Not too much hassle, but you'll get a few cuts on your hands reaching behind the front facia if you choose bolts and nuts.

I think the plastic rivets the the lip spoiler come with required a special tool too.

After reading how others attached the lip spoiler I choose to use bolts and nuts to get a tighter fit.

Good luck, it looks awesome when your done. Just watch out if your charger is lowered, because you will sometimes scrap on driveways, etc.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Yeah, you'll need to drill into the front facia to attach the lip spoiler. I taped the spoiler in place and then drilled the holes required. I then used stainless allen bolts and lock nuts to attach. Started from the middle and worked my way out to the edges.

Not too much hassle, but you'll get a few cuts on your hands reaching behind the front facia if you choose bolts and nuts.

I think the plastic rivets the the lip spoiler come with required a special tool too.

After reading how others attached the lip spoiler I choose to use bolts and nuts to get a tighter fit.

Good luck, it looks awesome when your done. Just watch out if your charger is lowered, because you will sometimes scrap on driveways, etc.

I would go this route. I did it, and didn't have to buy new tools. The most painful part is drilling the first hole. Just remember how great it will look afterwards.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
I would go this route. I did it, and didn't have to buy new tools. The most painful part is drilling the first hole. Just remember how great it will look afterwards.
Do you have any pics of the front end of your car with this installed? Did you leave it black or did you paint it? I have the same color car and want to do this and would like to see how it looks on.

Thanks,
Levi

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm painting it inferno red.

Should be done by Mon.

I'll post the pics when I get home .

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I put a colormatched MoPower chin spoiler on last weekend. Sadly I haven't had a chance to get pics of it (rained most of the week here and I wanted a freshly-cleaned pic) but I'll try to get one tomorrow.

I debated leaving it flat black but I'm really glad I had it painted. Turned out great. I think you'll be happy with the painted one. Just watch those steep inclines!

Optimus124 is right; the painful part is drilling that first hole. I drilled the rest just hoping that it turned out straight. :D

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Do you have any pics of the front end of your car with this installed? Did you leave it black or did you paint it? I have the same color car and want to do this and would like to see how it looks on.

Thanks,
Levi

I left mine flat black. It adds a little contrast to the vehicle, especially if you have the pin stripes

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I put a colormatched MoPower chin spoiler on last weekend. Sadly I haven't had a chance to get pics of it (rained most of the week here and I wanted a freshly-cleaned pic) but I'll try to get one tomorrow.

I debated leaving it flat black but I'm really glad I had it painted. Turned out great. I think you'll be happy with the painted one. Just watch those steep inclines!

Optimus124 is right; the painful part is drilling that first hole. I drilled the rest just hoping that it turned out straight. :D

I actually like the Mopower one. Do you know whether or not the same "drill holes" match up with the daytona one?

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
I left mine flat black. It adds a little contrast to the vehicle, especially if you have the pin stripes
That is exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I do have pin stripes on my car so I agree that it will tie in well.

Thanks for the pics, now for the next mod.....

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I talked to Mopower when I got my grill from him and he says that his uses the exact same bolt holes as the OEM.

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts