Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be asking a lot but I am wondering what the overall hole size is for the 3.5” dash speakers are? I’m possibly buying a 2017 Daytona and I’m an audiophile so I’m redesigning the entire speaker setup. The most problematic part is the dash speakers. I know they say 3.5” size but all in all that really means nothing for judging the opening diameter. Before I get the car I’d like to know exactly how big the diameter is so I can continue designing the audio setup and determine specific speakers that will fit. Has anyone replaced them and can tell me the exact hole diameter, old speaker diameter from its largest point under the mounting ring, or give me the speaker you replaced them with that fits and I can see what those specs are? I have a nice 4” full range in mind that doesn’t need much opening to mount but just want to make sure it’ll fit. Thanks!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This might be asking a lot but I am wondering what the overall hole size is for the 3.5” dash speakers are? I’m possibly buying a 2017 Daytona and I’m an audiophile so I’m redesigning the entire speaker setup. The most problematic part is the dash speakers. I know they say 3.5” size but all in all that really means nothing for judging the opening diameter. Before I get the car I’d like to know exactly how big the diameter is so I can continue designing the audio setup and determine specific speakers that will fit. Has anyone replaced them and can tell me the exact hole diameter, old speaker diameter from its largest point under the mounting ring, or give me the speaker you replaced them with that fits and I can see what those specs are? I have a nice 4” full range in mind that doesn’t need much opening to mount but just want to make sure it’ll fit. Thanks!!
This is the distance I need to know

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you check Crutchfield? Sometimes they have dimensions, or the factory does, of the speakers. Where can we get the procedure for removing the rubber dash cover?
Crutchfield only has pictures and the “size” of speakers that fit but size is very subjective. The actual cutout is more important and accurate. YouTube has a couple of good install videos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts