Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Gang! Stumbled upon this forum last night and just HAD to join, so I thought I'd start by saying 'HI'. being a pro musician, I'm a member of a number of music related-forums, but this is my first membership of a car-oriented forum.

Many MANY moons ago, I owned 3 different Chargers over probably a 5-year span: 1971 Charger 318, 1971 Charger R/T & 1969 Charger 383 Magnum. As of a week ago yesterday, we are the owners of a new 2007 Charger R/T Road & Track... in that absolutely gorgeous Black 'Mica' finish (I forget the official name of it).

I also know a few things about cars, what makes them tick, and what makes (some of) them SUCK... :grin: and have pretty much seen it all. We are extremely impressed by this new Dodge- in fact, my drummer's wife has a R/T they bought last year... and this is what pushed me towards a new Chrysler products vehicle. I was very impressed by what I saw. It seems Daimler has contributed much to the evolution of the Mopar side of the fence. The fit and finish is superb- far and above anything I've ever seen from the Mopar "Star" family in 35+ years. The doors sound wonderful when they shut. Interiors are done beautifully, without the cheapo-cheeseball look of just a few years ago. Mopar has always suffered in their overall carriagework... ALWAYS. Not anymore.

I've always been both a GM and Mopar fan. GM always had the better bodies. Recently, I rented a brand-new impala.... I'm so embarrassed for GM. Their trucks and SUV's are still great, IMHO, but at least in the Chevrolet line, their cars are crap. Just crap. And that's why their Truck and SUV sales are the only thing keeping GM afloat.

But I digress. All I can say is, "Bravo", Dodge. BRAVO!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the site . if you ever decide to get rid of the 1969 let us in on it lol :)
MR.C- I'm sorry to say I let the '69 go MANY years ago. it was a one-owner, flawless car, too when I bought it. That is the one car I sold that I still kick myself for selling... FWIW, it was metallic green with a Black vinyl top. The interior was stock, and flawless. etc. yeah... one of those kinds of cars.. :sick:
:redface:

I think I'll go out now and put some Meguiars NXT on Mrs Crunchy's new car!
:wax:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome. I just bought my '06 R/T w/ the R&T (still new) about a month ago. Along with owning a '68 HEMI R/T and '69 383(parts car) Chargers I too had many other Chargers in the past. 67, 68, 69's, 70, 71 & 72

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats, and welcome from Modesto. We would love to see pics of your past and present Mopars if you got em. Don't forget to visit the (CA regional) section of these forums, and say hi.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
from Northern Illinois!

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City!.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Welcome to the forums brother.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, gang!! :)

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Welcome from Eastern Canada! Well, I think you'll find that we all love our cars around here...so check in often and maybe you'll learn a little more than you already do about cars!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts