Charger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEED HELP Unlocking 2012 RHR radio I bought

I have a 2011 Dodge with the RBZ radio in it. I just bought an RHR radio out of a 2012 and it has the security lock I'm told. The radio is in transit now and I'll have this coming week. I already know the wiring changes I need - but I am confused about the code.

I've scanned some forums and I've read people say that they had to call Dodge customer service, others had to go to the dealer, others went but the dealer said no way and yet another sent the radio to a shop for a 99.00 reprogram so it would work. The car is a challenger. I know this is a charger forum but I'm hoping someone here will have good answers so know for sure what I need to do to unlock the radio. The seller is giving me a bill of sale with the radio serial number and his VIN and he gave me his phone number in case I needed to reach him - but he has not had any luck getting the code. His dealer told him he didn't need one even though his car is a 2012.

I'd sure appreciate some education on this from someone who does know what I need to do - please.

Thank you for your time answering back.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Noones answeredthis? Yiu need to go to a dealer that knows what they are doing. Explain to them your friend gave you that so u can upgrade. Thats why he gave you his VIN, they get the security code from that VIN. Call the dealership ahead and ask them if they can get the security code for you first, you do t wanna travel too far jjst to find out someone is half incompetent and has no clue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts