Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just figured i'd upgrade from my ugly 17" steelies to some nice 20" rims.

Buying accorindly, though I am wondering what tread specs are best to go with? looking for something that will last quite a while.

I've looked around, and seen that 245/45/20 or 255/45/20 are good choices, whether its either choice all around, or 245 on the front and 255 on the back.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Ninng

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
my tires! P245/45ZR/20 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires, I love them, they are wrapped around my 20x9 Challenger replicas.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You should google wheel size calculators, as changing the overall diameter will change the speedometer reading (which can be recalibrated with a predator).
My stock 18's were running 225/60/18. My 20's are running 245/45/20, which according to the calculator has almost the same overall diameter (more rim, less tire)

Not sure about staggered wheels and how to recalibrate the speedometer.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
tread specs? do you want all seasons? or summer tires? if you want something that lasts a while, I'd stay away from the korean tires--hankook and khumo...people I know who have had those brands have complained about tire life.

if you want something to last a while, look for a tire with a treadwear rating in the 450-500 range

if you want an all season that works excellent in the snow, look at the Nokian WRG2 SUV's in 275/40R20, they are an ice & snow rated all season...but they're expensive in that size

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
What width wheel are you looking to go with?

I just installed 20x9 Viper replicas with 275/40/20 Nitto INVOs all around. Look perfect on that size wheel with just enough tire sidewall "buldge" to minimize curb risk, but looks like it fits right.

If you go 8" wide, the 245 or 255 tread width will work well. The 255/45 will have a slightly higher outer diameter than the 245/45 (which is the factory 20" size) I am not sure the 255 will give you much of a stagger look if you put them on the back. That is roughly a 0.4" width difference. You may want to try a 275/40/20 in the back which will keep the right outer diameter but will provide roughly a 1.2" wider tread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts