Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.
just found this site today. looks great.
i drive a 06 red charger r/t. stock other than a k&n.

my good buddy has a 98 (i think) z28 6 speed. he said it has the ls1 so it must be 98 or newer.
he wants to see what will happen if we race, he said he'll win.
what do you guys think??

i'm gonna run him anyway but i wanted to know if i should start talking crap.lol

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
did an internet search and found this

" 1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.2 13.7"
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60_Quarter_Mile_Times/C_0-60times.html

with a 0-60 of 5.2, he'll beat you off the line, and the quarter mile time if faster than a stock rt. but of course theres an unlimited number of factors in a race so you never know (he could be a bad driver, or lose traction, and u'd win).

but if hes a good driver then he should perform somewhere between an srt8 and an rt...

·
Registered
280 Posts
oh well i'm gonna run anyway.
at least he's not being a **** about it.
he really likes my car.
said we should trade for a day!
i'm in for that!
Agreed that you will lose, but all in fun. Let us know what happens! You never know he may miss a shift. Do a couple of runs also from a dig and a roll and see if there is a difference.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
not the one to bust chops, but i could never figure out why people come on forums and say "this or that guy wants to run me...will i win?"

unless you're racing for money or slips or something of tangible means....just race him/her, report back here with the results and then some of us can explain why you lost....if you won...we'll give you beans!!! Too easy!!!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
A stock z28 should beat a stock r/t no problem. But if he misses a shift or spins the tires too much, you could have a shot.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
get some1 to video tape it, and put it on youtube. i like watchin races.

if you win, its not really a big loss cause you're losing to a 2 door sports car. if you win or tie its a big deal because you beat a 2 door sports car. its fun either way!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
hey guys.
just found this site today. looks great.
i drive a 06 red charger r/t. stock other than a k&n.

my good buddy has a 98 (i think) z28 6 speed. he said it has the ls1 so it must be 98 or newer.
he wants to see what will happen if we race, he said he'll win.
what do you guys think??

i'm gonna run him anyway but i wanted to know if i should start talking crap.lol
A 98 z28 is faster than you hands down. Those cars still have the 2.73 gears believe so not much advenatage there, and they do not come with the LS6 intake either so race him from a roll.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not the one to bust chops, but i could never figure out why people come on forums and say "this or that guy wants to run me...will i win?"

unless you're racing for money or slips or something of tangible means....just race him/her, report back here with the results and then some of us can explain why you lost....if you won...we'll give you beans!!! Too easy!!!
well, i asked because i just got my car 2 weeks ago.
i wanted to know if anyone had run that type of car before. mainly to see what i was up against and if i stood a chance.

mainly just wanted an opinion.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
well, i asked because i just got my car 2 weeks ago.
i wanted to know if anyone had run that type of car before. mainly to see what i was up against and if i stood a chance.

mainly just wanted an opinion.
thats one thing about this forum... pretty much no matter what you ask some1 is gunna tell you to "do a search" or "you shouldnt be asking" that or something to that extent. dont let it get to you lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
my advise is to order a diablo predetor and a 180 tstat with overnight shipping. . its you only hope. . good luck

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
thats one thing about this forum... pretty much no matter what you ask some1 is gunna tell you to "do a search" or "you shouldnt be asking" that or something to that extent. dont let it get to you lol

ahhh gomango, i wasnt trying to mean it in that sense, was kinda thinkin out loud!! i'm the type to just say "f#@$ it", nothings on the table so lets do it....i lose, i lose...i win, good s*&^!!!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts

I lost to a an 07 Corvette yesterday. WHY DID I LOSE???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts