Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a friend of a friend has wanted a charger for a really long time, primarily a daytona. Well, he found this and wants to know if anything looks strange. One thing they did say is there was an accident reported; however, the dealer said they're appears to be no paintwork done so it must have been minor. the autocheck/carfax score is 89, average for similiar vehicles seems to be 90-92

http://www.sandysansingnissan.com/u...tm?vehicleId=c6f2ad777f00000100e0cdc97891868a

·
Registered
2,453 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
919 Posts
Carfax sucks! I wouldn't rely on it. Tell your friend to buy new. Forget used.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I Would prob keep looking, thats got 73,000 miles on it, i personally wouldnt spend the money on a car with so many miles.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
carfax does suck. but saying forget used? lots of people dont want a white daytona, and the main reason ill never buy a brand new car again is that the cost of EVERYTHING for it is ridiculous....i know where a car identical to mine is for 11,900. it a 2008 with 13k miles. black. thats almost 10k in depreciation in ONE MODEL YEAR. Ive had my car for 18 months. Not to mention, my license plates were over 400 bucks for 2008, in 2009 they were just over 200. And insurance. My car is an 08 with the 3.5-clean driving record, 20 years old, with full coverage-360 A MONTH. an 06 5.7 same driver, insurance is 170/mo.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Car has quite a few miles on it. Price seems a tad high for the mileage.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
wholesale price on that car is probably 12-13k, and if taken on trade in, they probably offered 10k. Check ebay for completed transactions, it is the great equalizer on car pricing.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
forget used? oh yeah, nothing better than driving off the lot and having your car lose 30% of it's value immediately

·
Registered
391 Posts
I agree on Carfax. I looked up a car I owned that I knew had been in an accident and it didn't show up.

I wouldn't own my car at all if I had to buy it new. 12k miles and 20k savings.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Is it me or does the front bumper look like its a shade off on the torred?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The miles are high. Also check into items that are increasing the price he may or may not want want vs ones he does want/need

For example, i think steering wheel controls are clutch...i think that also includes EVIC. Whereas the sunroof it is not as important.

Buying new vs used...an age old debate. Definitely have a higher risk of buying a used one from someoen who has dogged the heck out of it and likely will fail sooner than later. However, that factory also produces some junk that's prone to fail...but you get to go back and forth from the dealer at least for free warranty work.

If you buy new and take advantage of all the discounts, invoice pricing, clunker cash, etc... you can offset alot of that depreciation. You can also buy used from someone that thought theyu would keep the car forever and babied it, but forced to sell...possibly saving thousands - even thousands less than getting a great deal from a new dealer.

Good Luck, personally i would NOT let your friend buy that one. Search on here for someoen letting theirs go due to hardship. Or do what 'part deux' said and utilize ebay.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the problem is he can't afford a new one, I don't really like the idea of buying a used car especially with 70k on it, but I don't think he has a choice.

I Would prob keep looking, thats got 73,000 miles on it, i personally wouldnt spend the money on a car with so many miles.
I agree, I wouldn't either, but he wants to get this pretty badly

carfax does suck. but saying forget used? lots of people dont want a white daytona, and the main reason ill never buy a brand new car again is that the cost of EVERYTHING for it is ridiculous....i know where a car identical to mine is for 11,900. it a 2008 with 13k miles. black. thats almost 10k in depreciation in ONE MODEL YEAR. Ive had my car for 18 months. Not to mention, my license plates were over 400 bucks for 2008, in 2009 they were just over 200. And insurance. My car is an 08 with the 3.5-clean driving record, 20 years old, with full coverage-360 A MONTH. an 06 5.7 same driver, insurance is 170/mo.
I agree, it's insane how much a good looking car costs these days, especially considering the depreciation is total crap

Car has quite a few miles on it. Price seems a tad high for the mileage.
They agreed on 15k, but I feel like if I traded my car in I would get about 19k and it only has 20 thousand miles

wholesale price on that car is probably 12-13k, and if taken on trade in, they probably offered 10k. Check ebay for completed transactions, it is the great equalizer on car pricing.
I will tell him to check that out

forget used? oh yeah, nothing better than driving off the lot and having your car lose 30% of it's value immediately
ya I know what you mean, my car is in awesome shape. I've made a point to take care of it very well yet I know I wouldn't get crap for it if I tried to trade it in

I agree on Carfax. I looked up a car I owned that I knew had been in an accident and it didn't show up.

I wouldn't own my car at all if I had to buy it new. 12k miles and 20k savings.
ya I'm not sure how accurate car fax is

Is it me or does the front bumper look like its a shade off on the torred?
I'll check it out, but I do know on my old bumper the paint didn't match exactly just because the bumper is plastic and the fenders and hood are metal

The miles are high. Also check into items that are increasing the price he may or may not want want vs ones he does want/need

For example, i think steering wheel controls are clutch...i think that also includes EVIC. Whereas the sunroof it is not as important.

Buying new vs used...an age old debate. Definitely have a higher risk of buying a used one from someoen who has dogged the heck out of it and likely will fail sooner than later. However, that factory also produces some junk that's prone to fail...but you get to go back and forth from the dealer at least for free warranty work.

If you buy new and take advantage of all the discounts, invoice pricing, clunker cash, etc... you can offset a lot of that depreciation. You can also buy used from someone that thought they would keep the car forever and babied it, but forced to sell...possibly saving thousands - even thousands less than getting a great deal from a new dealer.

Good Luck, personally i would NOT let your friend buy that one. Search on here for someoen letting theirs go due to hardship. Or do what 'part deux' said and utilize ebay.
Thanks for the info, I will pass that on to him

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Umm with that mileage yeah right.. no thank you.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Aren't all Chargers a shade off on the bumpers? There was a thread on this a while ago.
Yes they are, I read it's because they add flex-agent in the paint on plastic (so when it expands and contracts with weather it wont crack).

This also knocks the color off a bit.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
id say tell em to drop the price for that mileage or check carmax

·
Registered
107 Posts
They are asking too much $$ imho.. I just got my r/t with 40k for less than that..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts