Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger R/T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a college retro mini refrigerator which I found at RefrigeratorFAQ and I'm thinking about putting it in the garage that is unheated. It will only be used in the non-winter months.
Do I need to worry about it freezing or extreme cold?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Nope, will be fine. I have had one for 20 years in the garage. Now you would have to empty the fridge part in the winter as contents will freeze, but the fridge itself will be fine.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You do not say where you live or what extreme temperatures you see in the Winter but my mini-fridge operates OK in my detached workshop in freezing weather in the North Texas region. Our winters are mild compared to the North East but the winters and summers far exceed the manufacturers recommended operating conditions and it operates OK in hot weather too.

The biggest issue you might have in a garage setting is ice build up inside the ice tray compartment due to high humidity in the summer months when you plan on using it.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Love those little fridges. My brother bought one for his room in 1981 and I've got it now and it still works perfect and will get that beer ice cold!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I have a full size fridge in the garage for beer-wine, coke, etc and a deep freezer for meat & stuff. I have a heavily insulated garage door, so it seldom drops below 45F out there in winter.. only happens when it is in the single digits outside--thank God that only lasts a day or two when it happens (most of the winter it is in the mid - upper 20's overnight).

·
Registered
678 Posts
I bought a frigidaire brand full size fridge for my garage because they had an in expensive (and VERY easy to install) garage kit available in case the temps go too low

·
Registered
119 Posts
My fill size side by side has been in my garage for well over 10 years. Use it for drinks and extra freezer space. Very handy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts