Charger Forums banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts
haha wait till i put my new cam and heads it the cams ground for max tq like i need more! when i put it in 4x4 hi(thats how i always run at the track and street race) i have my overload spring removed so the rear end almost hits the bumps stop and i can spin my front tires on launch!

yeah show mike i will let him take her for a spin even though"its still a truck" lol
VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i have another charger i am going to install the same cam springs pushrods in chicago on the 12th-13th anyone else around that area?
Hey man...ya I live in Chicago, but I just wanted to ask you what you recommend for me to get once I acquire the funds.

I have an 06 R/T, and I plan to do a pair of JBA shorties for my next mod...anyways, I want the most aggressive cam I can put in it and still retain MDS...what else do I need to purchase and about how much is everything going to cost including installation (roughly). You can PM me if you want, I'm just trying to get an idea of about how much $$$$ I'm going to have to put out to finally go fast!:smoke:

pm sent to you!

also i am going to chicgo to do a diffrent install on a memeber here also he just order the sidewinder i will be there on the 12-13th i belive so if you want you could stop by if its not to far. i will see if the guy cares if tell anyone he is getting the sidewinder cam and what not.

thanks

pm sent to you!

also i am going to chicgo to do a diffrent install on a memeber here also he just order the sidewinder i will be there on the 12-13th i belive so if you want you could stop by if its not to far. i will see if the guy cares if tell anyone he is getting the sidewinder cam and what not.

thanks
Who ever could you be referring to?! :ninja:

All are invited to this mod party!!

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Get 'er done cobra!!!

we need to talk hemipowered into getting a cam/heads or cam at the same time so i can kill 2 birds with one stone! lol you know you want to go fast!!

LOL...gentalmen, nothing would give me greater joy then being able to run away for those much hated LS1s...two problems, and i know one of them has been addressed already, but one of them is the current money situation and the other is the warrenty issue....slove these two and I'm in.

I wouldn't mind hangin out with you guys during the install though....itll make me sad but glad at the same time!!!

haha yeah man i feal your pain! the warrenty issue if you get the sidewinder they wouldn't even know it was in there and thats a great cam!

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Come on HemiPower!!! Now's the time with 402's 10% off sale! It ends this weekend!

I do have a two car garage and a pretty big drive way.. I just need more booze.. :)
Everyone's a mod pusher around here aren't they??

haha yeah man i feal your pain! the warrenty issue if you get the sidewinder they wouldn't even know it was in there and thats a great cam!
Bingo, my thoughts exactly, and why I'm not 'fraid to put the 6.1 cam in mine,
the intake and exhaust won't void the warranty for the most part and they won't know about the cam unless they spec the lift/duration at the rockers and why would they do that?

Even IF the engine is voided, everything else should still be covered or at least arguably so under the magnuson moss act.

Besides, it'll be worth it when I hit the throttle!
JMHO

so far i have cams on the 12-13 ecobra and on the 20th(not going to say the name yet but he has has the cam sitting there making fun of him) and on the 27th! so if anyone else wants one done let me know! i don't even have time to install my heads or my new cam!

6.1 liter cam

Bingo, my thoughts exactly, and why I'm not 'fraid to put the 6.1 cam in mine,
the intake and exhaust won't void the warranty for the most part and they won't know about the cam unless they spec the lift/duration at the rockers and why would they do that?

Even IF the engine is voided, everything else should still be covered or at least arguably so under the magnuson moss act.

Besides, it'll be worth it when I hit the throttle!
JMHO

Just wana say hi. I've never posted here actaully i just stubbled across this forum via google searching. i've actually just read this whole thread and i have yet to find a forum like this where people are actually doing these mods enough to know the ends and outs and now well i hope it will work. maybe i can learn alot from u guys? so is it true there is no difference in the 5.7 cam and the 6.1 cam is there no partnumber on the cam? Just I find this very interesting and exciting since i have a truck under warranty and well it is my daily driver.

part numbers are diffrent but once again if you put the 6.1 cam in a 5.7 you can't tell a diffrence in the warrenty department.

hey since you have a dodge truck go to dodgetalk.com better truck forum as this is a car forum.

If you blow your engine, you put the stock cam back in and tell them you don't know what happend, the car just broke down.

Everyone's a mod pusher around here aren't they??
The clock is tickin.. Did you place your order yet? :D
Just wana say hi. I've never posted here actaully i just stubbled across this forum via google searching. i've actually just read this whole thread and i have yet to find a forum like this where people are actually doing these mods enough to know the ends and outs and now well i hope it will work. maybe i can learn alot from u guys? so is it true there is no difference in the 5.7 cam and the 6.1 cam is there no partnumber on the cam? Just I find this very interesting and exciting since i have a truck under warranty and well it is my daily driver.
Welcome to the forum!! :wave:

There is a difference between the two cams, but if you're going to go through the install, you may as well go with a cam that's going to give you better performance. Many have said that the 6.1L cam in the 5.7L block shows only minimal gains.

I'm new to the forum and was very impressed with your work. Just learning about mods and upgrades. Have 06 RT and would like to install JBA short headers and 5.7 sidewinder Cam.Would you consider coming to Greensboro North Carolina? I will cover your food, round trip airfare, hotel expense to install my mods.Think about it and let me know what u charge in labor for one or both installations. e-mail, leeimaje@yahoo.com

part numbers are diffrent but once again if you put the 6.1 cam in a 5.7 you can't tell a diffrence in the warrenty department.

hey since you have a dodge truck go to dodgetalk.com better truck forum as this is a car forum.

Whats up Luke, you are popping up on all of the forums. lol. As a vendor, I can vouch for Luke as an awesome guy that has been around for a long time. We have both been involved in the truck forums since before the cars were even out yet. Sounds like you did another awesome job Luke. If you think his truck is bad now, wait a couple of months and check back with him then, we are doing a full on custom tune for his truck and a couple of other goodies as well.

ok, I hope to be doing heads, cam, and headers in october. Wanna come out to vegas? lol hmmm... wonder how much an airplane ticket would cost.... I have a futon.... and beer..

41 - 60 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.