Charger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The staff here at Charger Forums is always looking for new ways to help the members of this great site with questions that they have. We recently discused the opening of a "Did you know"/"Frequently Asked Questions" type thread that would be protected from general posting, and restricted to only Moderator, and Admin use. So here it is!

If there are any questions that you know are being constantly asked, send any of the site Moderators a PM letting us know that you think it would be a great idea for it to be added here!

To get things started, below is a list of stuff that I (and probably others) find to be frequently asked:
  • If you have any questions regarding the Forum Rules, Click Here
  • If you have any questions about becoming a Supporting Vendor, send an email to Sales*@*Autoguide*.*com (remove the stars)
  • If you have a question, or want to know, about what is happening in your area, Click Here

Make sure you check this thread before sending a PM to make sure that your question hasn't already been answered by us!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First question asked already, and boy is this discussed at times!

The question is "What is the point system, how many points can be given before you are banned?, and how do you get them?"
-Courtesy of wickedchargerrt

Here is the basic description,
  • The system itself is a way for the staff to not only keep track of what you have gotten into trouble for, but also how many times, etc. It also is a way for us to discipline our members for breaking the Forum Rules by assigning them a number of points (usually just one point per infraction, except in extreme cases) when they are found to be in violation.
  • You are automatically banned by the system software once you hit 5 points, and the points never expire, but they can be reversed, in some occasions
  • Obviously the easiest way to get infraction points is to break the Forum Rules, but there are also other things that you can do (such as ignoring Moderator/Admin Warnings), that can result in the issuance of infraction points.

Another point that I feel is important to bring up is that if you are issued a WARNING, that is all it is, a warning, and it does NOT add any points against your user account. Generally speaking warnings are given for a first time offense, or minor offenses. So if you are given a warning, take heed and don't make the same mistake twice!
If you're wondering why we would issue a formal warning instead of a simple PM; warnings are automatically tracked.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another question that I recieved after last night's action...

"Do Super Mods have banning powers?"

The short answer is, yes we do! So don't make me too angry :tongue:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.