Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a limited time, get free shipping in the continental USA and 50% off shipping to Canada!

These extremely stylish LED tail lamps will catch everyone's attention. A quantity of "1" is for one left and one right tail light lense.

Features:

• Use less power than standard tail lights and emit almost no heat
  • Contain crystal clear lenses for maximum visibility and quality
  • Contain chrome plate reflectors for maximum illumination
  • Resistant to vibration and shock - better for off road or bumpy and pot-holed city roads
  • Offer superior brightness to bulb-based tail lamps which increases safety
  • D.O.T. compliant to FMVSS-108
  • OEM Style weather tight connections and wire harnesses
  • Plug and play installation means you can get back on the road and enjoy your tail lamps in a jiffy

Please click below to go to the ordering page.

LED Tail Lights - 06-08 Charger

----------------

To see a full listing of our brand new items, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our current sales and specials, please click here.

·
Registered
486 Posts
question on that.
is it possible to change a burned out LED?
I just want to know, because I need to replace some of the red LEDs, with amber ones, because i need amber turn signals.
It would be great if you could ask the manufacturer if it is possible to open the headlights by heating in an oven.
THX

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
question on that.
is it possible to change a burned out LED?
I just want to know, because I need to replace some of the red LEDs, with amber ones, because i need amber turn signals.
It would be great if you could ask the manufacturer if it is possible to open the headlights by heating in an oven.
THX
I can already tell you their official answer is "you could try, but we won't support, recommend, or warranty such action" :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
ok but it is possible to open in a oven, that is a great answer for me.
the soldering is no problem for me that is my work every day ;-)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok but it is possible to open in a oven, that is a great answer for me.
the soldering is no problem for me that is my work every day ;-)
I didn't say that because I don't know if its possible or not. I imagine anyone with enough resolve could figure it out, but nobody I know has tried it on these yet.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I bought a set of these about 18 months ago (not from PFYC.com), the black ones in the first pic. Look great on my BB RT. For the last 3 months or so, one of the "lines" of LED's on the driver side unit have only been working about 10% of the time. So it seems like not one LED fails, but a row. I'm pretty sure it's fixable with a soldering iron (dry joint, whatever, I have mad soldering skills also). But I seem to remember a post some time ago where the OP mentioned that these are not joined with the same silicone type stuff as the OEM units.

I am about to replace them with my OEM tails after I have put halos in them. At that point I will be trying to repair the LED tails. It will be a few weeks though before I can get to them. So I can't tell you for sure, but I think they will not be easy to seperate.

friend of mine has the red ones, and I don't think he has had any issues.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a set of these about 18 months ago (not from PFYC.com), the black ones in the first pic. Look great on my BB RT. For the last 3 months or so, one of the "lines" of LED's on the driver side unit have only been working about 10% of the time. So it seems like not one LED fails, but a row. I'm pretty sure it's fixable with a soldering iron (dry joint, whatever, I have mad soldering skills also). But I seem to remember a post some time ago where the OP mentioned that these are not joined with the same silicone type stuff as the OEM units.

I am about to replace them with my OEM tails after I have put halos in them. At that point I will be trying to repair the LED tails. It will be a few weeks though before I can get to them. So I can't tell you for sure, but I think they will not be easy to seperate.

friend of mine has the red ones, and I don't think he has had any issues.
Ours carry a 1 year warranty and should have good quality LEDs inside. LEDs typically have a 20-25,000 hour life, so I'm surprised yours burnt out so quickly. Perhaps there is a loose connection rather than the LED itself being burnt out. I'll be curious to see if you are able to repair them. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
You might want to add that you should specify if you have a 2009 Charger. The taillights on the 2009's are different and have differnet bolt holes than the 2006-2008's. These might not fit the 2009's. FYI.

:driving:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Ours carry a 1 year warranty and should have good quality LEDs inside. LEDs typically have a 20-25,000 hour life, so I'm surprised yours burnt out so quickly. Perhaps there is a loose connection rather than the LED itself being burnt out. I'll be curious to see if you are able to repair them. Good luck!
No problem, I'll update when done. I do not think they are burnt as they still work occasionally, I am positive they can be fixed easily. I also have a second set, one has a broken lens, which I can steal LEDs from if needed. Hmm, I guess I can try baking one of those to see how tough it is to seperate. I am in the baking business right now doing my headlights, so I'll slip one of my spares in the oven and see what happens!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You might want to add that you should specify if you have a 2009 Charger. The taillights on the 2009's are different and have differnet bolt holes than the 2006-2008's. These might not fit the 2009's. FYI.

:driving:
We thought the same, but asked the manufacturer and they said it would fit. I'll ask again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts