Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away for two weeks and when I got back last night I found a puddle underneath the car, it's a big spot and its still wet. The coolant in the bottle is low so I am thinking my car has a leak. The car has been sleeping for two weeks and I never noticed a leak before. Should I be running the dealer or is this normal?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
What color is the puddle?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the puddle is dark....but its kind of shinny. I park in the streets so its def going to get dirty.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I was away for two weeks and when I got back last night I found a puddle underneath the car, it's a big spot and its still wet. The coolant in the bottle is low so I am thinking my car has a leak. The car has been sleeping for two weeks and I never noticed a leak before. Should I be running the dealer or is this normal?
You need to be a bit more descriptive as to what the puddle is. Coolant is water based, tranny/power steering is reddish and engine is brown/black. Which is it? Put your finger in it, rub them together, smell it. Report back.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Without knowing the actual color of the fluid it's had to tell where it came from.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the puddle is black from all the dirt it mixed in with over the two weeks. It has a shine to it that makes me think its the coolant plus the fact the level in the coolant bottle is low.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
the puddle is dark....but its kind of shinny. I park in the streets so its def going to get dirty.
Since you park in the street, it is pausable that it might have come from another car. Also, you can take a piece of white paper and dab it in the puddle to get an indication of the color.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when I get home today from work I will dab it with some thing. Its been an exhausting two weeks plus I got back late so I really didn't give it 100% in getting the details :(

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have a similar problem minus the puddle, I've had my coolant filled twice so far. Its now back at the minimum level and about to go under again, I had the dealer pressure test the system and no leaks were discovered, but when I purchased the car they said the coolant is good and will not need to be replaced until 100k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts