Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away for two weeks and when I got back last night I found a puddle underneath the car, it's a big spot and its still wet. The coolant in the bottle is low so I am thinking my car has a leak. The car has been sleeping for two weeks and I never noticed a leak before. Should I be running the dealer or is this normal?

· Registered
3,192 Posts
What color is the puddle?

· Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the puddle is dark....but its kind of shinny. I park in the streets so its def going to get dirty.

· Registered
2,078 Posts
I was away for two weeks and when I got back last night I found a puddle underneath the car, it's a big spot and its still wet. The coolant in the bottle is low so I am thinking my car has a leak. The car has been sleeping for two weeks and I never noticed a leak before. Should I be running the dealer or is this normal?
You need to be a bit more descriptive as to what the puddle is. Coolant is water based, tranny/power steering is reddish and engine is brown/black. Which is it? Put your finger in it, rub them together, smell it. Report back.

· Registered
3,192 Posts
Without knowing the actual color of the fluid it's had to tell where it came from.

· Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the puddle is black from all the dirt it mixed in with over the two weeks. It has a shine to it that makes me think its the coolant plus the fact the level in the coolant bottle is low.

· Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when I get home today from work I will dab it with some thing. Its been an exhausting two weeks plus I got back late so I really didn't give it 100% in getting the details :(

· Registered
868 Posts
I have a similar problem minus the puddle, I've had my coolant filled twice so far. Its now back at the minimum level and about to go under again, I had the dealer pressure test the system and no leaks were discovered, but when I purchased the car they said the coolant is good and will not need to be replaced until 100k miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.