Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ASM has developed a HEMI supercharger kit utilizing a Vortech QT supercharger. The kit can be installed on all 2005-2006 Dodge Chargers, Magnums, and Chrysler 300C's.

They took a different approach designing the supercharger system for the HEMI motor because of the way the stock intake manifold is designed. The stock manifold has a tube that extends nearly half way into the manifold from the throttle valve flange. This design does not lend itself to simply installing auxiliary fuel injectors directly behind the throttle valve in the air stream like other supercharger kits. On HEMI motors the stock intake manifold is designed to move air, not air mixed with fuel, so the auxiliary injector design was not an option. The ASM design eliminates the auxiliary injectors and instead includes eight larger fuel injectors to replace the stock factory units

ASM has a long standing reputation for exceptional engineering and while this approach cost a little more it's what needs to be done on the HEMI motors in order to get proper fuel distribution and engine reliability

In addition, our design provides a large after cooler unit to maintain cooler air inlet air charge and reduce restrictions in the intake system (which further reduces inlet air temperature). The engine mounting brackets are precision CNC machined from billet aluminum and polished to match the supercharger, after-cooler and inlet ductwork. Spark and fuel management system consist of a preprogrammed, plug and play ECU that works with the factory installed ECU to maintain all the manufactures emission and sensor controls.

Vortech V-2 SQ S-Trim Supercharger

The V-2 SQ model is considered the new generation among superchargers. Highly advanced computer designed gears feature an optimized helical profile which allows for near silent operation while providing superior performance. All V-2 SQ units feature a 3.6:1 internal step-up ratio and are direct bolt-on replacements for our V-1 units.

Fits engines up to 680 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 1,000 CFM
Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI
Absolute maximum impeller speed: 50,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 72%
Available with straight or curved discharge and clockwise or counterclockwise rotation
Part numbers below do not include drive pulley
"Super Quiet" design
8.75" Wide, 9.44" Tall, 5.52" Deep (not including input shaft)

A GC SRT8 recently turned a 12.02 @ 112 MPH with this kit!

Regular retail has gone down by $300. and we can shave some more money off of that for you. The price is a little lower than we should advertise but you can receive a quote by giving us a call at 1-877-482-9763 or by sending an e-mail over to [email protected]. I can tell you that the supercharger installed by us would be about $7600.00!

Also, your going to be forcing alot of air in so it wouldn't hurt to let the exhaust escape a little easier. That can be done with a Kooks long tube header package -

Product features:
Fully matched D ports header flange for a exact port match on the 6.1
Equal length tube on all primary's
1 3/4" diameter primary tubes for the 5.7 and 1.7/8" for the 6.1
3" fire cone collectors
Custom 3" mid pipes with Ultra Hi Flow Metallic cats
Full Color instructions and all hardware and gaskets included

Supercharger with the Kooks long tube package is $8349.99. This includes shipping to locations in the 48 states!

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICE POLICY!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
armmmmm....... SuperChargers...........

So that makes this kit (stand alone) worth what ??? $5500.00 (ish") ???

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Looks like a cool supercharger, are you sayin this this thing is about $7K plus $7Kplus for install???? Or $7K plus installed by you plus the cost of the unit? I'm a bit confused.
As for the video:
cool vid but wait, theres another video.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJMgkWkO8uE&mode=related&search=
read the comments on this video, the guy claims he can do 0-60 in 2.8-3.0 sec. WTF! No way!:knockout:

·
Registered
359 Posts
ASM lists the supercharger at $7300. and rates the horsepower increase at 125.

I know it's not a Charger but this gives you an idea -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW9Tm6INGjA
Am I missing something here? $7300 for 125 ponies. Seems like a cam and head package for $2000 and 70 ponies is a bit more cost effective. DR states with their package, a 5.7 is running 12.9 @ 107...what am I missing???

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
ASM lists the supercharger at $7300. and rates the horsepower increase at 125.

I know it's not a Charger but this gives you an idea -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW9Tm6INGjA
300.00 for install???? You sure? Last Vortech I was involved with took like 9.5 hours (book). You did say $7600.00 installed, right????:knockout: :knockout:

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
I just stumbled on this kit too before seeing this post. I want to see some technical data to backup this kit. After the GSM fiasco, I think the community here needs something concrete to prove to us we're not all gonna end up with grenaded motors.

One nice thing is that the kit works with both 5.7's and 6.1's.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Looks like a cool supercharger, are you sayin this this thing is about $7K plus $7Kplus for install???? Or $7K plus installed by you plus the cost of the unit? I'm a bit confused.
As for the video:
cool vid but wait, theres another video.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJMgkWkO8uE&mode=related&search=
read the comments on this video, the guy claims he can do 0-60 in 2.8-3.0 sec. WTF! No way!:knockout:
Jeeps CAN post some very low 0-60 but yea that's pretty ballsy claiming that low........

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Jeeps CAN post some very low 0-60 but yea that's pretty ballsy claiming that low........
To put that into perspective, the $1.6 million dollar Bugatti Veyron manages to hit 60 mph from a standing start in 2.4 seconds, and will hit 124mph in 7.4 seconds. Claims that an SUV weighing in at 6150 lbs. (or more) with 4-wheel drive who's 0-60 times start out at approx. 5-seconds are being dropped by nearly half are quite undoubtedly inaccurate. I could see perhaps lowering the 0-60 times to maybe the lower-mid 3-second range, but no lower than that.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
do some research too guys. I've been told by some other vendors(not to take from tbryne or anything) but that s/c these motors can get hairy without replacing the pistons first as the piston rings are so close to the top of the piston in our car. Within 1/8 inch i 've been told. Dont know , i'm not a motor guy just check it out and maybe get pistons too.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Regular retail has gone down by $300. and we can shave some more money off of that for you. The price is a little lower than we should advertise but you can receive a quote by giving us a call at 1-877-482-9763 or by sending an e-mail over to [email protected]. I can tell you that the supercharger installed by us would be about $7600.00!
I might not have been clear in the first post. ASM used to list regular retail for this at $7600. That has now dropped down to $7300. and we are able to take a little more off of the price. The kit and installation here would be $7600. Please contact us if you need a price for the supercharger by itself.

It's not a cheap bolt on but it is a very productive one! Most stock motor can take 5-6psi without a problem as long as the supercharger has proper fuel and computer upgrades. Internal upgrades are recommended if your going to be running big boost.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Someone PLLLEEEEEEEEEAAASSE take the dive into this! We need a guinea pig.... real bad! Maybe Tbyrne can cut a REAL nice deal to the first guy who wants to do this and then document the outcome. And as long as its positive, you can probably definitely count on alot of future business on this unit..... most likely myself included once my warranty is up!

-Pat

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just stumbled on this kit too before seeing this post. I want to see some technical data to backup this kit. After the GSM fiasco, I think the community here needs something concrete to prove to us we're not all gonna end up with grenaded motors.

One nice thing is that the kit works with both 5.7's and 6.1's.
Yes I agree!! if u can get it certified by mopar then we would know for sure its gona be streetable and reliable.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I say we all mass email ASM and ask them to install 1 at 1/2 price as a try-out.. If it works then they will get alot more buisness, If it doesn't work.....Well then we know the truth..

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The internal to my ride are being installed in about 3-weeks ( steel forged rotating assembly in full, with either the Diamond or the Manley Pistons).......

I'll put the car up and half the money for the S/C and install if ASM comes back with something..........................

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I dont think asking for a free kit would be realistic, but theres gotta be somebody out there who was planning on taking this plunge sooner or later, so we just gotta find that guy. Like i said before, if it did work out, I think it would be to that company's benefit to hook it up for the tester because business would definitely follow.

Scottwoos, while I applaud your willingness to donate the car for this test, I (as well as many others) would like to see if this kit will work on just a stock motor. The simpler the better if you ask me because I know if i wanted to supercharge my ride, I would definitely not wanna have to change all the internals too---I would hope the company could build the system to comply with our motors as is. However, I still would like to see someone try it out nonetheless. What are all the internals running you? Because if it does work out, Id like to know how much more on top of 7600 Im looking at! Hopefully ASM is up to the challenge to put their product to the test.

-Pat

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are others running this kit but they just aren't on the board :) One of the guys at ASM told me that the temps down there are starting to dip below 100 so there should be some cars with this kit from that area going to the track soon.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts