Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I found out an interesting trick with them...

I came home from work the other day, and tried the one-click auto-up like usual. Driver side went up no problem. Passenger just stayed there. WTF?

Luckily, it rolled up manually (holding the button). I called the dealer and showed up Saturday morning to check out how long they were going to need the car while this warranty repair took place.

Thanks to Roberto at Palmer Dodge, who folks around Atlanta know QUITE well, he smiled when I told him of the issue, walked out to my car with me, and said, "Watch this."

"If you hold the button down for 4 seconds, then hold up for 4 seconds, it re-programs the 'auto-up' feature."

Sure enough...it worked.

And thankfully so! I pulled into my garage this afternoon, and the same thing happened to my DRIVER side window. But, I "re-programmed" it, and now it works fine.

This may or may not be old news...Just thought I'd pay it forward with a little knowledge I picked up this weekend.

Cheers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good info, I guess you can disable them that way also? It drives me nuts trying to crack the windows and playing the up and down game with the autowindow.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So each time you do it, you turn on and turn off the auto up feature? I wonder if this includes auto down?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice to know; thanks.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've been having this problem on and off for a couple of weeks. There is also a TSB on this issue as well. Not sure which one it is, I just remember seeing it somewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
yea this tip has been on did you know thread for at least a year. Sorry guys

·
Registered
838 Posts
Do you guys EVER read your owners manual? Geez!

Rule 1, after buying your car, read the manual! Its all layed out in there.

So is this a tip? no, its owner stupidity. (sorry, but it is)

Sorry for being hard on ya, but basic common sence has to be a part of owning car.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts

Sorry for being hard on ya, but basic common sence has to be a part of owning car.
this is wrong Darnice. no reason to go off like this on someone you dont know or may never meet...maybe you think that makes it ok?? its rude. maybe he forgot about that section when reading. im all for giving someone a good ribbing but this doesnt sound like ribbing.

And nope, Im not a moderator or an admin, just someone that has been here for a while and is sick of seeing rudeness and insults thrown across the board at fellow members

tom

·
Registered
316 Posts

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. I guess i'm stupid too since i didnt know about the resetting of it. Thanks for the tip. I always thought rule 1 after buying a car was drive it home, Just saying :grin:

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
My wife's 300C has "lost" the auto-up feature several times now on both front windows (sporadically), and always comes back with the aforementioned re-set procedure. My Charger hasn't had this problem. I'm not sure what's causing it in the 300, but it's not enough of an annoyance to have anything done about it immediately. Maybe when we have it in for some other service....

·
Super Moderator
11,765 Posts

Woah. Dude. Relax.

I picked up my car on a Wednesday. The next Saturday morning I read the manual COVER TO COVER. But there's a lot of info in there, and I didn't memorize the thing. I don't recall reading about this. It was nice of the OP to start this thread, as many people experiencing the same issue might think something is broken and waste time taking it to the dealer.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
16 Posts
The auto-up feature has to be reset any time the battery has been disconnected. This is described in the battery reconnect procedure in theservice manual.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
The auto-up feature has to be reset any time the battery has been disconnected. This is described in the battery reconnect procedure in theservice manual.

My wife's does it spontaneously, without any battery-disconnect or fuses pulled... :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

We get it...you're so much cooler than us. Thanks for proving it on the Internet.

Sorry I didn't memorize all 330+ pages.

And you can't be "hard on me" unless I respect your opinion. Which, thanks to this post, I don't.

Thankfully, 99% of this forum's members, are helpful, thankful, and genuinely pleasant. You, the 1%, don't bother me.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I lost the auto up function after disconnecting the negative battery cable. I found this thread and what do you know, as well again!
Thanks QuickSliver

·
Registered
708 Posts

What the He....... Do you need a hug or what? CHILL!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can't seem to disable mine.
Is this an 8 second press on window down button after the window is down?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just had this problem start yesterday. Opened the manual tonight to page 29 in the Manual for Power Windows/Auto Down Feature and guess what? It doesn't say a thing about this reprogramming option. Thanks for posting the tip QuickSilver!

So how is that big toe tasting right about now Darnice?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.