Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: SOLD!

Up for sale is my set of Wilwood BSL6r front 6-piston calipers, brackets, 14" Wilwood slotted rotors, Stainless steel lines, pads, and all hardware. This is the Plus1 kit with the 14" rotors option from TCE.

I put these on the day before the Spring Fest this March. So, maybe 5k miles on them, give or take. The rotors I bought from CoolVanilla and they had about 3k miles on them at the time. I may have put another hundred miles on them total. More on them in a minute.

This setup costs a few bucks shy of $2,000 new, and I'm asking for $1200 total - EDIT: shipping included, to the lower 48 - See post #8.

Here's some eye candy:

You'll get everything here except the fluid and the bleeder bottle, plus the rotors.

These WILL fit underneath stock 18" wheels:

Here's how they look today (and this was just after a quick clean job):

Here's the pad life left:

OK, here are some pics of the rotors, and some info. With these rotors, both CoolVanilla and I noticed some "buzzing" from them when braking. No shimmy, but a nice ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz when coming to a stop.

Early on, I spoke to Todd and he suggested I get them surfaced - which is a different process than "turning" because of the slots. I called the flywheel/clutch shop and they said no problem, but I never pursued it. Should cost $40-50 to have them surfaced at a flywheel shop. I disassembled the hats from the rotors in prep for taking them in, and never did.

Since then, I've learned that many people who run Wilwoods have the same buzzing, and it's just something that's accepted as fact. Honestly, I kinda liked the little buzz that they gave off. Again, it's not a shimmy or a shudder - it's a buzzing than you can hear and feel slightly.

So I will either reassemble them properly, with Loc-tite and the proper torque, or send them as-is, if you'd like to take them to get resurfaced - whichever way you'd prefer them.

Here are the pics:

The anodizing on the hats isn't perfect:

All the hardware to mount the hats, and some hubcentric spacers to mate the rotors perfectly with the hubs:

These, unlike even the SRT rotors, are Directionally-vaned, which aids in cooling more than straight vanes do:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Damn, if I had the spare cash-ola!!! Good luck with the sale, but I'm sure you won't need it!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Oh mamma!!!!!!!! Those are hot. Ou tof the question for me with the new little one and all, but.......

What cha runnin now??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUMP. I can't afford to lower the price any more, but I can afford to sit on it until I get that. It's a great deal already.

I will, however, go ahead and sweeten the pot a little bit: I'll cover shipping to the lower 48, or if it's worth the drive, I'll install it all for free, here at my place.

If you're in Alaska or Hawaii, I'll split the shipping down the middle with you.

If you're in Canada, let me get a quote.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it at MOFO, though I had to pull my car from the testing. With the new little one I just cant concievable commit thaaat much time this far in advance

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Good, for the man on the corner :clap:
But now I feel like :cry::sick::(:fuming::couto::nonod::brickwall::SM002::thdown::soapbox:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Good, for the man on the corner :clap:
But now I feel like :cry::sick::(:fuming::couto::nonod::brickwall::SM002::thdown::soapbox:
I take it you're not the man on the corner? Damn, I thought you had bought them. I really did.

How have you been fellow jacker?!? How's that 'Glide workin' for ya?!!! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I take it you're not the man on the corner? Damn, I thought you had bought them. I really did.

How have you been fellow jacker?!? How's that 'Glide workin' for ya?!!! :biggrinjester:
The gilde is working great! And no I'm not the lucky guy. I was checking this thread my whole 4 day weekend off work, hoping he would break up the system. All I'm doing now is shaking my head. It seemed like the thread was already 3 pages old, and like 5 on the LXF, I come in this morning and it's sold. . .

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
The gilde is working great! And no I'm not the lucky guy. I was checking this thread my whole 4 day weekend off work, hoping he would break up the system. All I'm doing now is shaking my head. It seemed like the thread was already 3 pages old, and like 5 on the LXF, I come in this morning and it's sold. . .
Too bad man, looks like they are in great condition...I don't think Junior would sell them if they weren't! I thought about it too...I just bought powdercoated black MSRT rims for my ride and these would have been NICE as an upgrade but I could not justify the price to my wife! I STILL have to buy tires for my rims... :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts