Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Most shows have their own judging form/point system. I know that the classic car shows I judge usually work on a 20 point system...5pts for paint/body...5pts for interior...5pts for chasis/undercariage...5pts for engine/engine compartment. No additional points are awarded for modifications, but points are deducted if the work is sloppy or the car is dirty. Bonus points are earned by having a fire extinguisher or first aid kit.

I've had a lot of "tuners" get up in my face and start yelling at me b/c they had this-mod and that-mod and why didn't they get points for this upgrade or that upgrade and why did the stock civic w/nice rims win....the explanation is simple: he *at least* washed and vaccuumed his car!

Some shows do give points for mods and upgrades...but most shows I've judged or have been to, the biggest thing is cleanliness of the car and quality (not quantity) of work.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The best thing you can do for a show is pay attention to the cleanliness. A dirty car will loose points now matter what. I have been in shows where modifications count alot. The last one I was at, if you had factory paint you got zero points. Next time you go to a show find out what they are judging and catagories and determine if you want to put your car in it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks guys I think the car was pretty clean I cant wax it since the paint is so fresh. I know randys car was gleaming like usual thats why I wasnt sure how it is done im sure mods are taking into account at dub. Thanks guys now I have a better understanding on how it works!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had a lot of "tuners" get up in my face and start yelling at me b/c they had this-mod and that-mod and why didn't they get points for this upgrade or that upgrade and why did the stock civic w/nice rims win....the explanation is simple: he *at least* washed and vaccuumed his car!
I hoped you slapped the chit out of someone!

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Most shows are judged differently. If your looking for "uniform" judging info you probably will get 100's of different opinions. Go to shows and enter your car, if you win thats great if you don't so what..... you get to hang out with other car guys and gals and you get to see some pretty cool rides. Clean it and make it look good.... thats all you can do. ;)
If you go to a show just to win a trophy then you may be disappointed more than you'll be happy.... Just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most shows are judged differently. If your looking for "uniform" judging info you probably will get 100's of different opinions. Go to shows and enter your car, if you win thats great if you don't so what..... you get to hang out with other car guys and gals and you get to see some pretty cool rides. Clean it and make it look good.... thats all you can do. ;)
If you go to a show just to win a trophy then you may be disappointed more than you'll be happy.... Just my opinion. :)

yeah it was my first big show I wasnt sure how it was. Would of been cool to take home a prize but im not worried I got to mess with randy and some friends I havent seen in a while which made it worth it. the lighting was bad but heres some pics from the show

Randy

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I used to show my musclecars, and they were judged on a 1000 point scale. I'm glad I did it, and I'm glad I had the experience, but I choose not to do that anymore. It's so much more fun just to hang out, check out the other cars, and not have to worry about how the judging on your car is going to turn out. As was noted, if you get a trophy, fine, if not, don't get stressed out over it. Just have fun.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The DUB car culture is a different car show than most others.

If your car does not have an air ride suspension, crazy paint job, 10 TV monitors, doors opening like lambo or suicide's in the rear. You probably won't win a trophy at the DUB shows. DUB def. judges on the more stuff on and in the car the better.

Other model specific shows like a Mopar event and your car will be judged on a different criteria (points).

I enter my cars in lots of shows, but go for the fun of it, see other great cars, take in the whole event. If I get a trophy, great, if not, I still had a great time.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You get my vote.... hope this makes you feel better... you have a very nice car and one you should be proud to own...keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this was one of the winners

The DUB car culture is a different car show than most others.

If your car does not have an air ride suspension, crazy paint job, 10 TV monitors, doors opening like lambo or suicide's in the rear. You probably won't win a trophy at the DUB shows. DUB def. judges on the more stuff on and in the car the better.

Other model specific shows like a Mopar event and your car will be judged on a different criteria (points).

I enter my cars in lots of shows, but go for the fun of it, see other great cars, take in the whole event. If I get a trophy, great, if not, I still had a great time.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Sorry but I find that to be the least attractive Bee I have ever seen in my life. Your ride on the other hand, looks awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.