Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an accepted axium in the specialty used car market that the first and last years production of a specific model tend to be the most desired.

That may well be true. However, here's my firsthand experience as it relates to first years production models. Of the cars I own:

97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 230HP 280lb/ft (first production year of this body style)
Following year
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 240HP 280lb/ft

02 Thunderbird 252HP 267lb/ft (first Production year of the new TBird)
03 Thunderbird 280HP 286lb/ft

04 GTO 350HP 360lb/ft (first production year after a long hiatus of the marque)
05 GTO 400HP 400lb/ft

Although not a universal truth, it's generally accepted the first model year of any particular series tends to be the most problematic in terms of recalls and TSBs.

I have 0 experience with DC cars. Are these tenents true with them as well?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Good food for thought. I know that next year I'm going to be saying "Sure, now they come out with that." But, on the other hand...

06 Dodge Charger - in my driveway
07 Dodge Charger - not

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought about waiting a year also, but then I thought what the hell!!,and besides life is too short. So there is a '06 in my garage right now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If anything goes wrong with my 11 year old Jimmy over the next month while I wait for my RT, it will cost more to fix than the Jimmy's worth.

2006 Charger. Carpe Diem!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
1RTw/RT4ME said:
2006 Charger. Carpe Diem!
"You could be dead tomorrow...
Today may be your last chance
"

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
That pattern is highly unlikely with SRT. See, the cars you mentioned had sales slumps so something had to be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts