Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of doing some moving and I'm trying to fol;d the back seat down but I cant. Checked the manual told me to look for loops to pull but I cant find any.

Could my car not have this helpful feature??

I have a 2006 sxt by the way.

·
Registered
851 Posts
You should have this. Look in the trunk at the back of the seat it should be split 60/40. The loops you pull are on the side of the seats toward the top.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
has the sxt badges on it, and so does the paperwork.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If your engine is the 2.7L, no SXTs came with those. Seeing as how you don't seem have folding seats, that is also something most SEs lack (and to my knowledge, all SXTs have). The steelies and hubs are an SE-only thing as well. Unfortunately badges can be purchased and stuck on, and paperwork can have mistakes. I hope whoever sold you that car didn't just take you for a ride ... intentionally or otherwise ...

Edited for incorrect info!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Are your side mirrors body color (painted) or matte black? SEs are matte black and all higher level trims are painted body color - it is the easiest way to tell an SE from another trim. Also, if your engine is the 2.7L, no SXTs came with those. Seeing as how you don't seem have folding seats, that is also something most SEs lack (and to my knowledge, all SXTs have). The steelies and hubs are an SE-only thing as well. Unfortunately badges can be purchased and stuck on, and paperwork can have mistakes. I hope whoever sold you that car didn't just take you for a ride ... intentionally or otherwise ...
I have matte black side mirrors and yet it's an SXT. The SXT's have the chrome grill like the R/T's and that is the easiest way to tell plus the fog lights are standard. R/T's have body coloured side mirrors.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have matte black side mirrors and yet it's an SXT. The SXT's have the chrome grill like the R/T's and that is the easiest way to tell plus the fog lights are standard. R/T's have body coloured side mirrors.
Oh nevermind then. Just run your VIN by Chrysler and you'll know for sure.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
oh god! I remember when we talked about the popsjenkins trim level car! ...

all seems to SE model... I don´t remember if your car has the chromed grill and fog lights?

leather ??? or no leather? if don´t and is a SE, you can´t fold the seats...in each side you will see a little piece of... mmm... trim, pull it and you can fold it, or you can see the seat and notice if is split or not...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh god! I remember when we talked about the popsjenkins trim level car! ...

all seems to SE model... I don´t remember if your car has the chromed grill and fog lights?

leather ??? or no leather? if don´t and is a SE, you can´t fold the seats...in each side you will see a little piece of... mmm... trim, pull it and you can fold it, or you can see the seat and notice if is split or not...
?????????????

def doesn't have the folding seats. I have the 3.5 engine, matte side mirrors, no leather. Grill is after market, I believe. I think its the billet grille (
) and fogs, the only thing is when I bought it, it did not have the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
?????????????

def doesn't have the folding seats. I have the 3.5 engine, matte side mirrors, no leather. Grill is after market, I believe. I think its the billet grille (
Then the seller fooled you thinking it was an SXT when they stuck an SXT badge. All SXT's get the folding seats and by replacing the grille with an aftermarket makes it more difficult to know. The hubcaps are the give away though.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
?????????????

They also added the SRT-8 hood and fascia. Somebody dressed her up. I've seen bunches of SE Chargers dressed up like that around Memphis. She might have even had expensive rims on her that were sold separately when the car was traded/sold. You might want to run a Carfax on her to get the history. She might even be a repo.

·
Banned
370 Posts
If your engine is the 2.7L, no SXTs came with those. Seeing as how you don't seem have folding seats, that is also something most SEs lack (and to my knowledge, all SXTs have). The steelies and hubs are an SE-only thing as well. Unfortunately badges can be purchased and stuck on, and paperwork can have mistakes. I hope whoever sold you that car didn't just take you for a ride ... intentionally or otherwise ...
X2, Correct on the 2.7 info.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Why lie it's an SXT when they could have gone further with an R/T badge.
Hard to say why people do what they do. He can check out the VIN on the Dodge website (For Owners tab) and he'll know for sure what model it is. As he said, he's sure it's a 3.5 L engine.

Sometimes people up only to the SXT badges because they know with the single tailpipe they can't pass for an R/T HEMI V8. They also do it because they think they'll get more when they sell it. There's a guy in Memphis trying to sell an R/T as an SRT-8 because he put on the emblems, fascia and hood. His interior still sports R/T logo seats though and there's still a 5.7 L under the hood. He has it advertised as an SRT-8 and has the price upped to that range.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The SE and SXT can't be differentiated by the VIN, unlike the higher performance models.

Running the VIN will simply return the car as a 'Charger SE/SXT'.

The SXT comes standard with folding rear seats (which will be split, and have a center console in the middle) and fog lights (look for the button on your light control panel, below the 'lights on/off' selector).

The SXT (depending on year?) will also have side molding/ aka 'cart bumpers' along the length of the body. I'm not sure if SE had those or not, but an SXT will.

Also, does your radio bezel (the plastic parts around the radio) look silver, or is it a cheap black carbon imitation plastic?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Sounds like an SE + to me .... in that case his trim and engine are all correct. Correct to assume it was dressed up and upbadged by the seller as well. Still a great looking car. See if you can find someone who is trying to sell their rear folding seats and put them in your car. Thats what I did.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Sounds like an SE + to me .... in that case his trim and engine are all correct. Correct to assume it was dressed up and upbadged by the seller as well. Still a great looking car.
I agree. It looks great and the hood/fascia are an easy $2500 worth of add ons (maybe more with paint and labor). It's simple to add any other mods he wants. Afterall, MOPAR always did stand for More Original Parts Arranged Randomly. That's part of the reason I love them.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I came from a long line of auto workers if it was the end of production they would have put anything they had on it. You might never really know.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The picture I posted was not my car, it was just to show the grill. I had the side moldings and fog lights and button but I did not have the silver bezel in the dash though.

To be honest I hate my charger because I love it so much. I should be pissed that I may have gotten taken, but everytime I look at her, I cant be mad.

I'll just make sure I pay more attention when I upgrade to an r/t or SRT :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look you have a SXT same as I do the seat do not fold but I did go to the salvage yard and get a rear seat out of a wreake R/T and swapped them out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts