Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Yes, you can buy the foglights and get them installed at a dealership. Or you can buy it on your own and install it, but in the end you'll still have to go to the dealership, they'll have to use Starscan to get the foglights detected.

·
Registered
953 Posts
the fog lights are for looks only
on the road they are pretty useless

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
you can turn you car to the second click on the dial(off being the first, and headlights being the third)
hit your fog lights button to turn them on(they stay on from previously even if u turn the car off so this may not be necessary.)
the catch is that the little yellow lights in front also come on with that as well. but still no headlights :)

so i gues.... no, to answer your question

side question for those who have installed new bulbs in their fogs.
i put silverstars in my headlights and the first time i made the mistake of buying the 9006 ST's (with the right angled plug) when we need the 2006 XS's that are a stright plug in to the back so they fit in to that rubber tube thingy around the light.

i couldnt find silver star fogs that had the XS, all were right angle ST's. do these fit just fine? i didnt wanna open up my wheel wells at the autozone :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
the fog lights are for looks only
on the road they are pretty useless
I disagree, I live in a very foggy valley, I mean its always foggy, not much visibility at all, like driving in a cloud. When the fogs are on driving is easier than without them. If you don't drive in fog you will not notice, but if you do, theres a world of difference, especially if they are aimed correctly.

As for the original poster, I installed mine about a week ago and just got them activated at the dealer 3 days ago, I called around for prices for the StarScan and it ranged from $0-$109. Needless to say I took the dealer up that offered it for free. Install is a breeze just make sure you get everything in the correct spot as far as wiring goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts