Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my 2008 dodge charger (police package) has fog lights in the grill, and no switch inside for one. Ive looked up where it should be, and have pulled and turned every knob trying to find them.

I dont want to add an awkward AUX switch just for fog lights, what do you guys do for AUX switches? There seems to be a lot of room on the top row of buttons in the dash console for a switch, only button in the row is the traction control button.

Lots of extra wires in the passenger foothold, and center console underneath where the floor shifter should be. Wondering if i just need to steal a wire from these and hook it up to a switch.

Thanks! Ive been trying to find an ex cop car thread, let me know if one exists.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
When I had my P71 Crown Vic I had a "hidden" switch under the dash right on the edge where you could easily reach down and activate for the strobes and exterior lights. Maybe something like that could work? Otherwise unless you have an existing switch or decide to use something already wired you may be short on options. Do you have a console or switch unit like this one below?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I had my P71 Crown Vic I had a "hidden" switch under the dash right on the edge where you could easily reach down and activate for the strobes and exterior lights. Maybe something like that could work? Otherwise unless you have an existing switch or decide to use something already wired you may be short on options. Do you have a console or switch unit like this one below?

Yeah theres nothing underneath the dash except for a cluster of dead end wires that were for components i assume.
My console is the stock one, just has a hole where the floor shifter should be. And also im missing the lower part of the dash console-- i have the lower cubby, and then no ash tray or whatever is supposed to be underneath

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might consider making or having someone make a panel that fits in the shifter hole that you could use for your switch(es)?
I like this idea. I do plan to eventually get the floor shifter though, I like the aesthetic and the autostick is more satisfying on the floor. The column shift just has a +/- button lol.

I was hoping I could find more stock buttons to switch into aux buttons.. like the ones at the top of the dash console.. on either side of the hazard button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts