Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 SXT 3.5 L and it didn't come with fog lights. I was wondering, where do you access the power to wire it up at? I couldn't find a hole in the firewall to run the switch either. Any help would be great, I was thinking of putting some in. What brands are good? Is ebay where to get them?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have an 08 SXT 3.5 L and it didn't come with fog lights. I was wondering, where do you access the power to wire it up at? I couldn't find a hole in the firewall to run the switch either. Any help would be great, I was thinking of putting some in. What brands are good? Is ebay where to get them?
Go with the Factory Fog lights. on ebay for 100$. With those you wouldnt need to breach the firewall because they giv you a whole new light panel to replace the one you have now. Fairly easy install. The power would come from battery and you would utilize the fuze box and the ground under the hood. very simple, and if i can do it so can you, trust me

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You should be pre-wired for the fog lights. So as the previous post mentioned, get the factory kit. All you'll need are the lights and the switch. It'll take less than an hour.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I was wondering, is there a switch on the column since I don't have any fog lights at all? I didnt see any switches.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the help. I was wondering, is there a switch on the column since I don't have any fog lights at all? I didnt see any switches.
look at the kit your about to buy, it comes with a switchpanel that fits in the place of your headlight pannel. its identical except theres a fog light switch.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks. I just want to make sure I get the right kit before I buy it and everything is going to work.

The guys who did HID on the fog lights. Is that a fog light kit and then the HID's is installed the bulbs in replacement? I am guessing thats what is done.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you can get the mopar kit, it comes with a harness if you dont already have one(you prob do) and also comes with a a new headlight switch panel. To turn them on, just press the headlight knob. Bad thing is that, the dealer has to activate them with starscan. So, i just let the dealer install everything

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help, I was hoping to do it myself to save getting overcharged for the work done.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you can do everything yourself, you just have to remove the belly pan. but still have to take it to the dealer

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
and when you go to the dealer don't let them charger you for an hour. take the instructions and tell them you will pay 30 bucks or something. but not the 70 that they will try to have you pay. best of luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts