Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys--I just received my fog lights from http://www.leeparts.com/charger.html. I plan on installing them myself, on my SE, when I get it. The instructions seem fairly simple, except for the last part: It states that after I re-connect the battery I have to "use a diagnostic STARSCAN tool so that the Front Control Module is reconfigured and recognizes the front fog lamps."

I'm really hoping this means I "might" have to use the diagnostic tool if the module doesn't automatically recognize the fogs. Anyone know for sure? I really want to do this myself and not have to pay the dealer.

Anyone have a spare STARSCAN tool lying around the house? :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
ninerjoe said:
Hey guys--I just received my fog lights from http://www.leeparts.com/charger.html. I plan on installing them myself, on my SE, when I get it. The instructions seem fairly simple, except for the last part: It states that after I re-connect the battery I have to "use a diagnostic STARSCAN tool so that the Front Control Module is reconfigured and recognizes the front fog lamps."

I'm really hoping this means I "might" have to use the diagnostic tool if the module doesn't automatically recognize the fogs. Anyone know for sure? I really want to do this myself and not have to pay the dealer.

Anyone have a spare STARSCAN tool lying around the house? :D

I say go ahead and install them, if they are not recognized on there own then you will need to go to a shop that has one and take care of it.
I'm sure it would not be much to have them just plug it in and change that for you. If you make nice with a dealer or one of the techs they might just do it for you for free.. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
vsop said:
I say go ahead and install them, if they are not recognized on there own then you will need to go to a shop that has one and take care of it.
I'm sure it would not be much to have them just plug it in and change that for you. If you make nice with a dealer or one of the techs they might just do it for you for free.. :)
I'm thinking about ordering these fog lights from lee parts for my SE as well. Does it look complicated to install? Are they well integrated into the car i.e. good controls etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R33T,

The install instructions seem pretty painless... I don't have my car yet, but I don't see why the fogs wouldn't fit perfect on the car. The SE's already have the fog light holes: they're just covered up with the black, plastic vents... The kit comes with a new light switch for the dash. Judging from the instructions, it looks like you simply pull out the old switch and plug in the new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts