Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home earlier I was driving and my esp, abs, and squiggle lights all came on out of nowhere... I thought maybe I bumped my installed switch with my leg or something so I made sure the switch was off when I got home. Then I was leaving to go somewhere later and as I was pulling out of the driveway I noticed my car left a puddle so I investigate and it's a dark brown liquid that left a quarter sized puzzle. Could these two be related? My esp lights are still on. Anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hit a serious pothole and I know I need an alignment (steering wheel sits slightly left when I go straight), could this cause the ESP lights to come on?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I hit a serious pothole and I know I need an alignment (steering wheel sits slightly left when I go straight), could this cause the ESP lights to come on?
It's possible since there is a steering angle sensor that tells the computer where the steering wheel is aimed. If the car is going straight ahead but the computer thinks the steering wheel is turned, the ESP system may activate and try to correct for a perceived "out of control" condition. Is the ESP light on solid or does it only flash occasionally? It sounds like something got bent in the front suspension to cause the steering wheel to be off-center when it wasn't before. File a claim with the town where the pothole is since they may be liable for the repairs to your car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ESP light is on solid all the time, no flashing. I'm having it checked out now, thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts