Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on these exhaust systems? I'm choosing between American Thunder Flowmasters or SLP Loudmouth and not sure which one to pick. Also a magnaflow system is an option too, any comments or personal experience with these let me know.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Any thoughts on these exhaust systems? I'm choosing between American Thunder Flowmasters or SLP Loudmouth and not sure which one to pick. Also a magnaflow system is an option too, any comments or personal experience with these let me know.
American thunder has a nice rumble, medium loudness. Impressive drone.

SLP LM 1 is LOUD, as loud as you can go. Very raw sound, old school muscle also. This is the system I have. I'll post a video. Solid drone.

Magnaflow is very tame. A nice hum on start up and a good tame rumble while cruising. Minimal drone. Fit and finish of the magnaflow is excellent. You'll notice the much higher price here compared to the other two options.

Day after install:
http://youtu.be/3N4f08pT4Gc

A few months later:
http://youtu.be/KS_DtVzolxU

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
American thunder has a nice rumble, medium loudness. Impressive drone.

SLP LM 1 is LOUD, as loud as you can go. Very raw sound, old school muscle also. This is the system I have. I'll post a video. Solid drone.

Magnaflow is very tame. A nice hum on start up and a good tame rumble while cruising. Minimal drone. Fit and finish of the magnaflow is excellent. You'll notice the much higher price here compared to the other two options.

Day after install:
http://youtu.be/3N4f08pT4Gc

A few months later:
http://youtu.be/KS_DtVzolxU

This is probably a dumb question but what do you mean by "drone"? Is more drone good? or what does it sound like?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but what do you mean by "drone"? Is more drone good? or what does it sound like?
Drone is the loud brrrrrrr/hum noise you hear while cruising. Usually it's most prevalent while going 45 and 65 miles per hour. It's surprisingly difficult to explain haha.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have no resonators cherry bomb vortex mid mufflers and JBA catless mids. But no xpipe (replaced it with straight pipe) I surprisingly have minimal drone. And its loud! Probably as loud if not louder than the LM1. Sounds like an old muscle car. Deep rumble on idle and WOT sounds amazing it has a more snappy sound at some rpms under load but thats only on acceleration

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I have no resonators cherry bomb vortex mid mufflers and JBA catless mids. But no xpipe (replaced it with straight pipe) I surprisingly have minimal drone. And its loud! Probably as loud if not louder than the LM1. Sounds like an old muscle car. Deep rumble on idle and WOT sounds amazing it has a more snappy sound at some rpms under load but thats only on acceleration
I'm right there with you with the snappy sound. I just threw on some jba catless mids. It's really raw around 35-40 miles per hour. But definitely old school muscle.

OP, check out all the YouTube clips you can! They usually don't do the exhausts justice. So whatever you watch...imagine everything to be slightly louder and deeper in tone then what you hear on the videos.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
SLP is very loud and raw! no system sounds better at WOT! This system is only for a select few.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Agreed, it is LOUD! I will try to make a video of the catless mids and the slp this afternoon. I know Dave has a video of it in his signature.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ive got catless mids on my rt with just cherry bomb vortex mufflers. Way louder than the SLP1. If kansas would cooperate and quite with the heavy wind id try to get a video

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Ive got catless mids on my rt with just cherry bomb vortex mufflers. Way louder than the SLP1. If kansas would cooperate and quite with the heavy wind id try to get a video
SLP1 without cats is louder than cherry bombs. Loudmouth 1 is a a straight pipe system with no sound deading like fiberglass or ceramics or sound canceling through reverb. The Loudmouth resonator is a straight pipe, technically a muffler but only offers a 3decibel or less noise reduction...:beerchug:

·
Registered
165 Posts
SLP1 without cats is louder than cherry bombs. Loudmouth 1 is a a straight pipe system with no sound deading like fiberglass or ceramics or sound canceling through reverb. The Loudmouth resonator is a straight pipe, technically a muffler but only offers a 3decibel or less noise reduction...:beerchug:
Yeah I could see them without cats being extremely loud. Main difderence between my setup with no cats and a SLP1 with no cats is I have minimal drone. Thats why I love my CB vortexs I get old loud raw muscle car sound without the unbearable drone

2006 silver RT, cherry bomb vortex mufflers, JBA Catless mid pipes, AFE drop in oiled filter

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I don't still to this date understand what drone is...A built motor going down the highway at 2500-3500 rpms is music to me. And that's what I grew up hearing, mild to wild cam, headers and straight pipes, or header mufflers. No drone just power!

Now where the hell is the UPS guy wit my stuff!!!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I don't still to this date understand what drone is...A built motor going down the highway at 2500-3500 rpms is music to me. And that's what I grew up hearing, mild to wild cam, headers and straight pipes, or header mufflers. No drone just power!

Now where the hell is the UPS guy wit my stuff!!!
Haha amen! What do you have coming in the mail Dave?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

·
Premium Member