Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2.7 and im doing my exhaust. i wasnt sure if i should get a super 44 or standard 40 series muffler. i want it to be loud with a non ricey sound. i also am putting in the 14db blastin bobs tips. which out do i pick?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Either way it's gonna be 'loud'. The Super 44s will be deeper and extremely loud (you will only hear your radio if it's cranked up). The 40s are definitely loud, but not as extreme. I think that the 40s have a more 'refined' sound. The Super 44s are more of an 'in your face' sound (and shake up the interior too much for me).

And since the Blastin' Bobs are straight pipes, you'll be getting some heavy resonance when you are cruisin' on the highway. 44s + no resonators = OMG loud !!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
When I got my exhaust done, I called Flowmaster to find out which exactly I should get, and I specifically asked about the 40 series and the Super 44's. They told me that in a V6 there probably isn't going to be much of a difference honestly and to go with the 40 series because it would be cheaper to buy.

·
Registered
989 Posts
^^good to know...has anyone have ever got pulled over for it?? I know here in Richmond some cops can be an ass and pull you over.

·
Registered
291 Posts
^^good to know...has anyone have ever got pulled over for it?? I know here in Richmond some cops can be an ass and pull you over.

i live in texas and i have the 40 series and i haven't had any trouble at all... YET. ha (p.s. the 40 series on the v6 sounds orgasmic. I'm really glad i got it instead of magnaflow) :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
yeah man. glad we could help.

·
Registered
291 Posts
When I got my exhaust done, I called Flowmaster to find out which exactly I should get, and I specifically asked about the 40 series and the Super 44's. They told me that in a V6 there probably isn't going to be much of a difference honestly and to go with the 40 series because it would be cheaper to buy.
hey man i know this doesn't have the slightest to do with this thread, but are your stripes over or under your spoiler?

·
Registered
133 Posts
i would not install a chambered muffler on your 2.7...it is almost guaranteed it will sound ricey. I suggest using a muffler that has fiberglass packing such as magnaflow or borla. Go on youtube and search for charger 2.7 flowmasters so you can hear it for yourself.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I just got my 40s switched with 44s today with an x pipe. When you smash on the gas the x pipe shines. But other than that the 44s and 40s don't sound much difference as i thought it would on a v6 they sound about the same.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
yeah i cut out my Y pipe and replaced with magnaflow x then mids to dual 44s. Alot of people don't like x pipes but my car has never sounded better i have alot more mid and high in torque i can get to 70 mergin on the highway super quick. It also takes away most of the highway buzzin u get with the flows if you don't have resos. I never had an H pipe so i cant say which is better but from a first x user i can say i really like it. Oh and after a second listen the 44s do sound a TAD deeper at low rpms.

·
Registered
545 Posts
How would it sound with me having a Blastin Bob's 6db kit with Reso's and then adding a Flowmaster 40 series muffler?

The reason I got the 6db resonated kit was to cut out the highway drone as much as possible but I am wanting more growl when accelerating and in WOT that I dont get from the kit!

If I have this set-up and throw on the 40 series muffler when I hit highway speeds will the muffler be way to much drone for me or will the fact I have a resonators still keep the drone to the very minimum?

Thanks for the info guys!
: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111175
Please see my question and respond in there if possible

·
Registered
747 Posts
hey man i know this doesn't have the slightest to do with this thread, but are your stripes over or under your spoiler?
They are both over and under. Made sure I did it right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this isn't the same car but I put 40's on my 67 and it sounds really really good. I used to bash flow master until I got their mufflers, they sound sooooooo much better than magnaflow. It makes me want to puke on overhaulin when they put magnaflows on those cherry cars:confused::confused:. For 50 bucks extra you can put cut outs on your car so it will sound like a drag car with open headers:rocker:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts