Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting paid soon so i would like to hear some opinions please
Should i install magnaflow part #15628 http://www.performancepeddler.com/images/Magnaflow/15628.jpg
OR should i install super 44's on my charger and remover the resonators

I like the deep bass sound and want my car to have that muscle car sound i dont know much about cars but i would like to hear some input on the matter

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you want classic muscle car sound that is loud get the flowmasters. I have the 44's and they are LOUD! You do get some drone but it really doesn't bother me. From what I've heard if you put the 44's where the suitcase is and glasspacks for resonators you don't get drone. I bought some glasspacks but haven't put them on yet.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
magnaflow is nice and mellow but deep, flowmaster will give you muscle car sound!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Aliveguy5 is dead on, I have heard the flowmaster 44's, and they certainly have that old school sound. I have the Magnaflow system you're looking at, and absolutely love it! I've had my Magnaflow system for over three years now, and couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I love my flow master super 44's. I just put in a C&L cold air intake and man the car roars so I would suggest adding a CAI also for more sound and power. I am also going to take off the reso's and put on Blastin Bob's fat pipes. Not sure yet if they will be with reso's or not. I hate the look of the factory reso's on our cars.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I LOVE the sound of my 44's and find it hard to believe any other system will sound NOTICEABLY better. I had the resos removed too. I just added the K&N CAI it now it sound even more awesome. When I stomp on it now then suddenly let off the gas it sounds like a growling bark!!! Someone commented that the 44's sounded "ricey", but I have NEVER heard a ricemobile sound like my car, old school muscle sound!!! Flows all the way baby!!!

There are certainly more expensive systems, but what's the point??? If the other more expensive systems flow better there simply is not enough hp gain or loss for you or anyone to notice. So you might as well go with the best sounding. That was my rationale anyway.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I love my flow master super 44's. I just put in a C&L cold air intake and man the car roars so I would suggest adding a CAI also for more sound and power. I am also going to take off the reso's and put on Blastin Bob's fat pipes. Not sure yet if they will be with reso's or not. I hate the look of the factory reso's on our cars.
Pull the resos instant drone... However it sounds good. Really good. The only negative thing I have heard is that it's too loud. Like from my Fiance. Any guy that hears it just smiles. Except those weird tree huggin vegan guys. They don't like it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Pull the resos instant drone... However it sounds good. Really good. The only negative thing I have heard is that it's too loud. Like from my Fiance. Any guy that hears it just smiles. Except those weird tree huggin vegan guys. They don't like it.
Drone? I am trying to figure out is this a rumble sound or an annoying sound like a whine. If it is a rumble sound then that is good if it is a whine then it is not. Loud is good I have always wanted a Harley if that tells you about how I like loud!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Drone is more like the whine you describing... It's not the rumber... from about 1800-2200k in the rpm range the exhaust sounds like a boat sort of and starts to vibrate things... It's not a good loud like a costant brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What kind of tips do you guys use for Flowmaster's? Also do you add staiinless steel pipes of the same size of 2.25 where the reso's were deleted? Do the Flowmaster muffler flow at least as good as the straight-thru R&T suitcase muffler?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
You will absolutely love Flowmaster Super 44s without resonators. Sounds awesome! :rockon:

·
Registered
414 Posts
What kind of tips do you guys use for Flowmaster's? Also do you add staiinless steel pipes of the same size of 2.25 where the reso's were deleted? Do the Flowmaster muffler flow at least as good as the straight-thru R&T suitcase muffler?
You can use any tips really but yes you want the 2.25 if you still have the stock cat back. Flowmasters are a chambered mufflers. That's how it gets it's one of a kind sound. Is it as good performance wise as the straight thru... I dunno if it's not you're probably missing 1hp at most. The sound is money though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the muffler shop that did my install reuse the factory tips. I like the look of the tips on the Bee. I'm not into all that chrome because there's not any chrome on the car...that's just me though!

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can use any tips really but yes you want the 2.25 if you still have the stock cat back. Flowmasters are a chambered mufflers. That's how it gets it's one of a kind sound. Is it as good performance wise as the straight thru... I dunno if it's not you're probably missing 1hp at most. The sound is money though.
I agree 100%. I've never been a Flowmaster fan.. I've always gone for the expensive systems like Corsa...

I pulled the mufflers/resonators off my 06 RT, put on a set of 44's and ran 2.5" pipe to the back with 3" SS tips. It sounds AWESOME and drone is very low.. A lot of said "it'll break in", but the theory of a muffler breaking in is comical.. Breaking DOWN, maybe, but the only true "break in" a muffler will see is caused by Carbon buildup.

Anyways, I put this on expecting the worst (UPS TRUCK drone) and got pleasantly surprised. The best part??? It cost me $200!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana:

I'll be posting a small video later...

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had the magnaflow cat back system then just yesterday got the flowmaster 44"s put on and what a difference the magnaflow was nice but only real loud if u jump on it but now with the flowmaster it relly loud throught the whole rpm range grate low end rumble sounds like a HEMI now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
63 Posts
trust me....flowmaster 44's are the best ive herd on ALL LX cars!.....its just the beffiest sound your gonna get w/o the reso that is......i have FM super 44's reso delete and a Airhammer CAI.....the car roars as if you have a full exhaust and headers added.....BEST INVESTMENT ive ever done to my car....BTW got the predator CAI w/ 93 oct tune if it even helps the sound =)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts