Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the Flowmaster super 40's installed a month or so ago. They cut out the suitcase and the reso's. Put pipe in the place of the suitcase and the flowmasters in place of the reso's. They told me that they couldn't put the flowmasters in place of the suitcase, but I wasn't really sure about that. So I was like whatever. All in all resulted in much better sound for my car, but I am still wondering if it would have been better to put the flowmasters in place of the suitcase. Should I go back and DEMAND SATISFACTION??? Or am I good the either way??? :confused:

Also, what should I do next with my SRT8

·
Registered
45 Posts
From what I have heard and read on the web and on the forums on here, the way that the majority of the people cut off the suitcase muffler and put the flowmasters in place of it and take off the resenators and put straight pipe with the stock tips. I'm actually putting my flowmaster 44s on this weekend, I'll let u know what I think of it. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
my buddy (moparguy) on here, has an 08 R/T with Super 44's, no reso's and some tips out the back, sounds awesome!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I love my Super 44's :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
233 Posts
I don't believe there is much difference in performance either way. If you are happy with the sound then you are good to go.:rocker:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh really??

Wow. When I look at Tresigns it looks a lot better. I'll have to post some pics so you all can see it. I think I've been had, hoodwinked, led a stray, and bamboozled.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've been contemplating getting either Zoomers(best looking system), SLP2, or Flowmaster 44's. Flowmasters definitely seem like the best option price wise. Should every exhaust shop carry stainless steel pipe(same quality as OEM) to replace the resonators with?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have mine in place of the resonators. Sounds fine to me and I don't really mind the fact that, given you have the correct angle, the mufflers are slightly visible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got the Super 40s on my 2007 SRT8. First things I got when I bought my car.
Where do you have them @? In place of the reso or the suitcase?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts