Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm trying to find an answer.. Is there any flowmaster exhaust for our SRT-8's ?? I see flowmasters for the daytonas and the R/T's but not for the SRT-8... also if theres not any right now at the moment does anyone know if there will be a compatible exhaust in the future?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm trying to find an answer.. Is there any flowmaster exhaust for our SRT-8's ?? I see flowmasters for the daytonas and the R/T's but not for the SRT-8... also if theres not any right now at the moment does anyone know if there will be a compatible exhaust in the future?

I have already seen and heard about people that have flowmaster on their srt's, it sounds good but I heard their restrictive. I have the JBA setup, it sounds like flowmaster, very deep also less restrictive. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have Flowmasters on all my cars, including my mom's 4.0 Jeep...they are not restrictive, and sound better than 90-100% of the other exhaust systems out there and cost half as much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have flowmaster Supper 44's. I kept the org resno on. Didnt make much of a difference at all.

I deleated the resnos and I have to say this is the best money I have ever spent. I get thumbs up everywhere. I have very happy with its sound.

I dont have any specs to prove if its more restrictive than others so I wont try to sound like I know.

JDO

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Per my sig, I dyno'd 385/380

My buddy simply eliminated the suitcase with the Flowmasters, stock rear mufflers, AFE CAI, 180 t-stat and dyno'd 380/370 same day as me. He's very happy with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm running Flowmaster 50's on mine...I'm happy with them so far.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Never been much of a fan of flowmaster systems. The sound is loud and raspy but not deep. I prefer magnaflow - it makes trim piece on cars you pull up beside rattle due to low-frequency resonance.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Not sure about the flows, but if you can swing the coin, look at some Zoomers. Sound much better than the average exhaust with little or no drone. I have folks pull me over and comment on the sound....

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/goldberg1701/?action=view&current=Startupandtakeoff.flv

·
Registered
348 Posts
Never been much of a fan of flowmaster systems. The sound is loud and raspy but not deep. I prefer magnaflow - it makes trim piece on cars you pull up beside rattle due to low-frequency resonance.
another word for low frequency resonance with mags is v8 ricer sound.

·
Registered
951 Posts
When I raced my 10 sec Camaro, our club did flow tests on mufflers and the Flowmaster actually flowed worse than the restrictive GM muffler!!!!

The Flowmaster, just like the JBA, use a chambered design, which, for some reason, put out a great sound, but do not do well with air flow. Think about it. The air enters the muffler and literally bounces from chamber to chamber before exiting.

Don't get me wrong, the Flowmaster is a great sounding exhaust, as is the JBA (I had the JBA before I swapped for Corsa). I particularly like the Flowmaster sound on the 5.0 Mustangs. But don't expect much (if any) hp increase. In the LS1 world, you actually lost hp.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
When I raced my 10 sec Camaro, our club did flow tests on mufflers and the Flowmaster actually flowed worse than the restrictive GM muffler!!!!

The Flowmaster, just like the JBA, use a chambered design, which, for some reason, put out a great sound, but do not do well with air flow. Think about it. The air enters the muffler and literally bounces from chamber to chamber before exiting.

Don't get me wrong, the Flowmaster is a great sounding exhaust, as is the JBA (I had the JBA before I swapped for Corsa). I particularly like the Flowmaster sound on the 5.0 Mustangs. But don't expect much (if any) hp increase. In the LS1 world, you actually lost hp.
I dont believe it...id love to see dyno sheets.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I dont believe it...id love to see dyno sheets.
More important than dynos (which vary quite a bit and factor in many other parts of the car) our club used a bench machine that measured air flow. Since seeing those results, I've talked with other people that have verified the same.

But use whatever works for you.........

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ive seen that posting before as well. Also, on the mustang boards we've had the same thing, same results. Flowmaster = worst exhaust (performance wise) you can get.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ive seen that posting before as well. Also, on the mustang boards we've had the same thing, same results. Flowmaster = worst exhaust (performance wise) you can get.
Thanks for the verification, Trick. What do you have done to your car? Awesome rwhp #'s. What does the car run in the 1/4?

·
Registered
549 Posts
for power, basically a pulley, cai, x-pipe and catback. Im debating whether to settle for 500rwhp for $1000 or so more, or go for 600 or so for $3500ish instead.

I have some suspension mods too. Havent got to run it yet and now my tires are bald haha. I need to get some wider wheels run some 315's in the back!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Per my sig, I dyno'd 385/380

My buddy simply eliminated the suitcase with the Flowmasters, stock rear mufflers, AFE CAI, 180 t-stat and dyno'd 380/370 same day as me. He's very happy with it.
Uh, these Flowmasters obviously didn't cause any restriction, WHATSOEVER....

·
Registered
951 Posts
Uh, these Flowmasters obviously didn't cause any restriction, WHATSOEVER....
Deuuuce, it's simply physics. An exhaust that you can roll a ball through from front to back (ala Corsa, etc.) will flow better than one that has the airflow bouncing around chambers before exiting.

The 5.0 Stangs with Flowmasters is one of my favorite exhaust sounds. But I saw first hand how the chambered design disrupts flow. That being said, it's probably not a huge loss at our stock power levels. But when I was running a 10 sec car, the difference was a lot more significant.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Deuuuce, it's simply physics. An exhaust that you can roll a ball through from front to back (ala Corsa, etc.) will flow better than one that has the airflow bouncing around chambers before exiting.

The 5.0 Stangs with Flowmasters is one of my favorite exhaust sounds. But I saw first hand how the chambered design disrupts flow. That being said, it's probably not a huge loss at our stock power levels. But when I was running a 10 sec car, the difference was a lot more significant.
I don't doubt that (I have Vance and Hines on my bike) but if the chambers are smoothed and shaped like airplane wings, angled, the resonance of the straight through design with irregular walls could be worse.

And it may even be the opposite for a street car with certain exhaust diameters.

TrickStang37 - I made more power, but not by a lot, and per the sig, more mods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have super 44's on mind and took off the resonators, they have a really deep tone and sound they DO NOT have a raspy sound at all wven when you punch the gas and i must say im pretty happy with the setup

1 - 20 of 53 Posts