Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Flowmaster Force II Exhaust or Cut off Resonators w/ Tips

Okay its almost Spring time (Thank GOD!!) and I am ready to get to more mods on my baby! I was sold for a long time on the Flowmaster Force II Exhaust system but have recently been doing research on just cutting off the Resonators and installing custom tips. I am leaning more towards option B for the obvious reason and thats the cost. Would just like some input on what everybody thinks is the better option cause I still havent made up my mind...Also going to install a CAI this spring so dont know if that makes a difference on what option is better. Any input is great...Love the feedback and ideas I get from this site.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Every post I have read says that removing the resonators only, creates annoying drone. I had a 2005 300C 5.7 with a CAI and resonators removed and kept the stock suitcase muffler. I didn't think the drone was too bad at all. The CAI really makes it sound good at around half throttle through WOT.
I am going to do something in the next few weeks with my 3.6, and out of every video I've heard I think the Solo catbacks sound the best. But, being strapped for the cash, I am just going to start out with removing the stock reso's and replacing them with 12" Cherry Bomb mufflers. The video clips I've heard sound really nice, and everyone who has done this mod has said that there is no drone..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Best suggestions that I've seen for cheap exhaust upgrade is to leave the resonators (to keep drone down) and either eliminate the mufflers or replace them with something else - Flowmater 40s or Super 44s, or Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers. Or, you could replace the mufflers and add a different resonator to get an even different sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts