Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Flowmaster catback kit for my 2012 Hemi. Worried about the sound and drone when MDS kicks in and engine drops to 4 cyl mode. I am looking at the quieter kit with rear resonators. I searched youtube and found many start ups and revs which sounds great. Have not been able to find a good sound clip when in eco 4 cyl mode. Anyone have one or could describe the sound in 4 cyl mode? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've got the force 2 and really only notice it on the highway doing about 75. But I don't drive much on the highway anyway and in town I usually use autostick. You can notice a slight difference in tone in town cruising but I don't think it's too bad. Others may have different opinions but whatever.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
822 Posts
You will notice it. I have fmf2 on my car. You Def notice on the highway when it kicks in and you attempt mild throttle. Its loud and annoying and I personally am embarrassed by it in the cabin if others are in the car so I usually shift into 5th to turn it off. I'm not on the highway all that much either. And I appreciate the benefits of mds which is why I don't turn it off in my tuner. You get used to it but I still don't like the sound

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I've had the Flowmaster Force II's for almost 2 years now. At first I listened for the drone and it was there in 4 cyl mode. After a few weeks, I didn't notice it much and now it's not even noticeable to me. I love the sound when I tromp on it and the growl at start up. Point being, I don't regret the purchase and enjoy the rumble they make.

·
Registered
686 Posts
when I installed my catback I really noticed the Drone in MDS mode so I got a predator and turned off MDS . no more drone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts