Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know a million threads exist regarding exhaust, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this question:

I am getting Flowmaster 40s put on my '07 R/T this weekend, and the shop is planning on leaving the suitcase and replacing the ends (resonators?) with the Flowmasters. Am I wrong, or will that leave me with 3 mufflers on the system?

And if it does, will it cause any problems and/or has anyone tried it? I told him I wanted a nice rumble, but wasn't looking for the "Hey Officer, over here!" sound at a half mile distance, if you know what I mean.

The car is my daily driver; it sees a lot of highway miles, and occasionally, I am expected to act my age, so is this a good option?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are you kiddong?!?!

Have them REMOVE the "suitcase". Replace IT with the 40's and get rid of the two resonator deletes at the back. period.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
1. Find a shop that knows that they're doing.

2. Yes, you will have 3 mufflers. It will be more restrictive than stock. Bad idea. Instead, cut the suitcase out. You can either put the mufflers where the suitcase was and leave the resonators, put the mufflers where the suitcase was and delete the resonators (recommended), or put the mufflers where the resonators were (what I did). The latter 2 sound the same but you can see a little of my muffler.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I put on a Flowmaster 40, and took out the suitcase and the rear resonators. And replaced it with only the 40 in the middle and a steel pipe out the back. It sounds nice and mean now.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I put on a Flowmaster 40, and took out the suitcase and the rear resonators. And replaced it with only the 40 in the middle and a steel pipe out the back. It sounds nice and mean now.
This is good if you want loud?! What three mufflers are you talking about? The cats, mufflers and resos?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Loud is only as hard as you hit the throttle. If you drive like an old lady, you don't hear it as loud. If you stomp on it, you get the roar.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

Car is at the shop right now. Thanks to your input, I asked him to cut out the suitcase and the resos. He is installing standard 40s at the rear with resonator "shorty" tips, and is going to put in an x-pipe (if he has room) where the suitcase used to be. If he can't fit in an x, he'll probably just run straight pipes.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

·
Registered
563 Posts
i did the 40's, not the Super 40's. And I love how it makes my car sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts