Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so I decided to change my exhaust setup because there was too much low bass drone when i was cruising and going easy on the throttle. so thanks to fullycharged for sending me to a great exhaust shop and a really good price. now my charger has a super 44 single in/dual out with 2.25" straight pipes with 4" dual wall angle cut tips. I love the new setup no drone when cruising, and it is loud as can be when i get on the throttle. Only thing i'm debating is if I should paint the tips black or just leave it chrome. anyways hope u guys like it.:rocker:

pics @ the exhaust shop :D

new exhaust:

videos of exhaust

·
Registered
618 Posts
how much did that run you?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much did that run you?
julio, finallycharged, took me to his friend's exhaust shop. so for the 2.25" straight pipes and the 2 dual wall 4" tips, it cost me $220. I already had the flowmaster installed. they cut off the the two turndowns i had that dumped behind the rear axle and ran the straight pipes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds real good Bro , how long are the tips that they used ? You say no drone at all ? I have a MagnaFlow setup and i have drone and cant stand it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds real good Bro , how long are the tips that they used ? You say no drone at all ? I have a MagnaFlow setup and i have drone and cant stand it.
the tips are 4" tips and are 12" long. and at normal idle all the way up to +150 rpms up on idle with the predator. At +300 rpms on the idle with the predator i do get some drone but not much. One thing you might want to take into thought though is I came from a super 44 with turndowns dumping the exhaust right after the rear axle. that setup was really loud and had a lot of drone when taking it easy on the throttle. so for me straight pipe are quiet as hell for me. Remember people's ears take different tones as annoying drone. what you see as drone, I might take as a good deep exhaust tone. As far as I have heard magnaflow is the quietest aftermarket exhaust you could go with. if u still have drone u might want to add resonators to your exhaust. hope this helps man.:driving:

·
Registered
55 Posts
the tips are 4" tips and are 12" long. and at normal idle all the way up to +150 rpms up on idle with the predator. At +300 rpms on the idle with the predator i do get some drone but not much. One thing you might want to take into thought though is I came from a super 44 with turndowns dumping the exhaust right after the rear axle. that setup was really loud and had a lot of drone when taking it easy on the throttle. so for me straight pipe are quiet as hell for me. Remember people's ears take different tones as annoying drone. what you see as drone, I might take as a good deep exhaust tone. As far as I have heard magnaflow is the quietest aftermarket exhaust you could go with. if u still have drone u might want to add resonators to your exhaust. hope this helps man.:driving:
I appreciate your feed back bro , thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just talked to the engineers at Flowmasters....They just confirmed the release within 2 - 3 weeks.. Its all STAINLESS steel, utilizes the 50 series SUV single IN DUAL OUT Muffler, with a pair of resonators.. They have not established a price, but the Tech say its sounds really good for a V6...Totally BOLT-ON... , I hope it aint over $500.. If it is ill just get blastin bobs resonators and hook it up to a 50 series SUV, for around $350...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just talked to the engineers at Flowmasters....They just confirmed the release of their exhaust system for our V6 Chargers, within 2 - 3 weeks.. Its all STAINLESS steel, utilizes the 50 series SUV single IN DUAL OUT Muffler, with a pair of resonators.. They have not established a price, but the Tech say its sounds really good for a V6...Totally BOLT-ON... , I hope it aint over $500.. If it is ill just get blastin bobs resonators and hook it up to a 50 series SUV, for around $350...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just talked to the engineers at Flowmasters....They just confirmed the release of their exhaust system for our V6 Chargers, within 2 - 3 weeks.. Its all STAINLESS steel, utilizes the 50 series SUV single IN DUAL OUT Muffler, with a pair of resonators.. They have not established a price, but the Tech say its sounds really good for a V6...Totally BOLT-ON... , I hope it aint over $500.. If it is ill just get blastin bobs resonators and hook it up to a 50 series SUV, for around $350...
i wish it will be that cheap for a bolt on kit, but since it is stainless steel, I'm going to say Flowmaster is going to charge closer the the $700-800 range. if you want to save money have a custom exhaust made at an exhaust shop. :rocker:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Im getting rid of my 44s switching to 50s. I thought about adding a resonator to my 44s but 50s seem to sound deeper for a v6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts