Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On crutchfield.com it says that head units with a flip down screen wont work on our cars but i cant understand why they wont. anybody know if this is true or not. im lookin at 1 of the alpine units with the flip down screens. stock radio bezel not nav

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,497 Posts
Can you list an exact model #?

Maybe someone can tell ya why with the model # of the radio you are interested in!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I orgianlly had hoped for a retractable flip screen on my R/T installation but decided against it for 2 reasons,

1. The flip screen will block both A/C ducts in the center dash.
2. The Double Din units are more fully featured with better features- at least in the Kenwood line.

I was considering rerouting the AC ducts to a lower position, but when I looked at the work involved I decided it wasn't worth it.

On my Chevy, I used a Kenwood flip screen, however I was able to mount it in a high dash position and the AC ducts weren't an issue, and the screen extends above the dash which I prefer as the screen is more easily viewed from the drivers line of sight without having to glance down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I decided against the flip-down screen and went with a Kenwood DNX6140. Why? Because I've had too many flip-down, fold-out, twist-n-twirl gadgets screw up in my past and now try to have as few moving parts as possible. One stripped gear and your new head unit is inop., have you checked out the touch-screen units out there? Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I decided against the flip-down screen and went with a Kenwood DNX6140. Why? Because I've had too many flip-down, fold-out, twist-n-twirl gadgets screw up in my past and now try to have as few moving parts as possible. One stripped gear and your new head unit is inop., have you checked out the touch-screen units out there? Just my $0.02
x2. I will be going with an indash too. I just need a couple more checks :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have but the pioneer i want is a little to much for a college student budget. plus i have to buy a new laptop before next semester and that takes priority ;)

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
flip DOWN unit? Do you mean flip out or flip up?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i mean flip down. its not a dvd unit. its just a cd/mp3 unit where the faceplate folds down when you push a button revealing the cd slot

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
i mean flip down. its not a dvd unit. its just a cd/mp3 unit where the faceplate folds down when you push a button revealing the cd slot
I've never heard of them. Sorry for my ignorance lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts