Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with 150 miles my car is making a tick-tick sound when I'm driving along fence, building, etc. I recognize this sound from when my mother's car had a bolt stuck in the tire. Sure enough when I get home I find a big bolt head and 2 washers in between the thread blocks on the passenger rear. No air loss but as soon as I pull the bolt it hisses like a snake. I read the road hazard warranty info and it looks like they will give me a new tire for free. Does this sound right and has anyone had to do it?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I am not sure they will pay for the new tire since you ran over a bolt.....I would think that is out of their control.

Maybe I am wrong but I think the tire coverage is due to tire defect like splitting at a seam or something going bad with the tire.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can it be patched? All I know is, I had a flat last week in my passanger rear, and since our cars don't come with spares, I had to rely on the "air pump" they give you in the trunk. I was reluctant to use it because it was a foam that gets pumped into your tire. So I thought, well I'll call Roadside Assistance. Apparently, after the $40,000+ we drop on our cars at purchase, we're not covered for tire flats, lock outs, fuel delivery, etc. We're only covered for mechanical defects under warranty.

So, choose your weapon. Pay $61 for them to come out and pump it with air (A. assuming you can hold air, and B.) If the tow truck they send has an air pump on board, which most of them don't, according to the operator I spoke to.) OR pay $87 to be towed to the dealership or a near by tire shop.

Ridiculous? Yes. That's what I encountered last week at 6:00a. Wednesday morning in a light rain shower.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have Pep Boys Lifetime Road Hazard, and you don't have to buy the tires from them to get it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I found you Arfur

oh and on topic, I think you should get a new tire

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
<yikes.......>

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can it be patched? All I know is, I had a flat last week in my passanger rear, and since our cars don't come with spares, I had to rely on the "air pump" they give you in the trunk. I was reluctant to use it because it was a foam that gets pumped into your tire. So I thought, well I'll call Roadside Assistance. Apparently, after the $40,000+ we drop on our cars at purchase, we're not covered for tire flats, lock outs, fuel delivery, etc. We're only covered for mechanical defects under warranty.

So, choose your weapon. Pay $61 for them to come out and pump it with air (A. assuming you can hold air, and B.) If the tow truck they send has an air pump on board, which most of them don't, according to the operator I spoke to.) OR pay $87 to be towed to the dealership or a near by tire shop.

Ridiculous? Yes. That's what I encountered last week at 6:00a. Wednesday morning in a light rain shower.
If you(we) already have a compressor in the trunk then pick up a plug kit at Pep Boys or similar. They are very easy to use and can be undone. Any tire I've ever plugged has been fine and since I made this post mine has been holding air without a drop of even .5 psi verified on a digital gauge. Since it's between the tread blocks and is a relatively small puncture I'm going to keep it this way for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts