Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fellow member of chargerforums is kindly offering to me his superchips for sale....
Im all about stock, I only have a K&N drop in air filter..... will the superchips make a good difference in my car?
What are your opinions? what can the superchips do for me?
thanks

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i think you should make at least 10 hp to the wheels

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, the ESP reduction alone made it worth it for me. I definitely noticed a more "responsive" feeling and was able to burn my tires a little better off the line.

The raised shift points are fun to run through too.

Be careful though. Once you get a good dose of the hidden potential of your Charger you may be bit by the mod bug and find yourself suffering from the following symptons.

Sleep deprivation - staying awake long hours scouring the net for new mods and creative ways to work your next paycheck over to accomodate new parts.

Speeding - jumping on the gas pedal CONSTANTLY to "test" the affects of your latest mod.

Talking to your car - you'll begin speaking directly to your Charger about what you plan on getting and doing etc. These will usually be "secret" and "intimate" conversations between you two, normally occurs while rubbing your car....

Daydreaming - you'll find yourself lost in strange Charger thoughts at various moments during the day, usually while at work. Sometimes while standing directly in front of the car.

Excessive cleaning and grooming - you will rub this car down longer and more often than your girl. The car will literally call to you, beware.

There is no cure for the mod bug, it never ends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Talking to your car - you'll begin speaking directly to your Charger about what you plan on getting and doing etc. These will usually be "secret" and "intimate" conversations between you two, normally occurs while rubbing your car....

I really thought I was the only one with this problem:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
We like the 91 octane with Custom Settings-Reduced torque management, raised shift points, paddle shift auto-kick. Try all of them and see which one you like the best. It only takes 3 minutes or so to change settings.

The Charger is a lot hotter after the Superchips Flashpaq mod. The difference before and after is easy to notice. You could get up to 13 hp increase in power. (Flashpaq HP gain is graphed in the chart attached)

Add some Mopar LT headers and some Flowmasters (resos deleted), and you will likely kill any stock Mustang GT you come up against depending on how YOU drive YOUR Charger.

Have fun, and bring your Visa Card, cause they don't take American Express...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
A fellow member of chargerforums is kindly offering to me his superchips for sale....
Im all about stock, I only have a K&N drop in air filter..... will the superchips make a good difference in my car?
What are your opinions? what can the superchips do for me?
thanks
I would say if you are in the market for a tuner, and you can get it cheap, it isn't that bad. But if you don't mind spending more, you'd probably best off waiting for diablo.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Yeah, the ESP reduction alone made it worth it for me. I definitely noticed a more "responsive" feeling and was able to burn my tires a little better off the line.

The raised shift points are fun to run through too.

Be careful though. Once you get a good dose of the hidden potential of your Charger you may be bit by the mod bug and find yourself suffering from the following symptons.
Sleep deprivation - staying awake long hours scouring the net including surfing this site for infofor new mods and creative ways to work your next paycheck over to accomodate new parts.

Speeding - jumping on the gas pedal CONSTANTLY to "test" the affects of your latest mod.

Talking to your car - you'll begin speaking directly to your Charger about what you plan on getting and doing etc. These will usually be "secret" and "intimate" conversations between you two, normally occurs while rubbing your car....Funny as hell but true!

Daydreaming - you'll find yourself lost in strange Charger thoughts at various moments during the day, usually while at work. Sometimes while standing directly in front of the car.

Excessive cleaning and grooming - you will rub this car down longer and more often than your girl. The car will literally call to you, beware.

There is no cure for the mod bug, it never ends.True, so very true...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would say if you are in the market for a tuner, and you can get it cheap, it isn't that bad. But if you don't mind spending more, you'd probably best off waiting for diablo.
Actually im paying 280 for a used unit.... is it a good deal?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The Superchips is awesome.......! A totally different beast with it installed.

- Mark

·
Registered
829 Posts
For under $300, the SC Tuner is a good deal. You WILL see about a 2mpg increase by using 91 tune. I've tested this 3 times for extended periods of time with and without and got at least 2mpg improvement everytime, although I drive a lot of highway miles.

Tranny behavior is night and day compared to stock and the SC is worth it just for the improved shifting, etc. The Advanced Data Logging is awesome and allows you to track all kinds of engine parameters, etc. There is a power increase as well. It's noticeable but not earth-shattering. I notice the power difference more when I uninstall the tune.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've got one and like it. Made a difference on my Charger. I have the 91 tune installed right now. Nice improvement in performance and actually improved my MPG slightly over stock. It's not like adding a blower or anything like that, but it does improve the overall performance. It is an improvement you can feel. I return mine back to stock and it just doesn't pull, shift or react like when the SC tune is installed.

I don't plan on modding my R/T anymore than I have (at least that's the plan). My thinking is if you're going to stay basically stock (minor bolt on's), then you might not gain any more with any other tuner vs. the SC. Sure, the soon-to-be released SCT and Diablo tuners have a few more promised user options and are probably going to be more up to date "gadget wise" than the SC, but the SC for what it is and does, is worth it to me. If you're getting it for a good price, I say go for it. You will like it and won't regret it. Of course if you absolutely need (or want) the options that are supposed to be included with the soon-to-be released tuners, then you should wait and spend some more.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks everyone! youve been really really helpful with your opinions, I made my mind and I guess the SC are a really good bet for me! and as for the price? I think that its a good price
thanks to all of ya!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will check that! thanks!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Congrats jarpod! BTW you will need to create an account with Superchips on flashpaq.com. After you create your account, download the software to update your tuner. Right now the Software Version is V1.11 and the DBase is 086 (I believe). There is also a thread on the flashpaq.com forum under the Hemi Car/Truck section that deals with idle surging. If you load the 91 tune and notice you have surging at idle, let the Dodge Calibration team know on that thread. They will create a file for you to eliminate the surging. Enjoy!

Ed

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats jarpod! BTW you will need to create an account with Superchips on flashpaq.com. After you create your account, download the software to update your tuner. Right now the Software Version is V1.11 and the DBase is 086 (I believe). There is also a thread on the flashpaq.com forum under the Hemi Car/Truck section that deals with idle surging. If you load the 91 tune and notice you have surging at idle, let the Dodge Calibration team know on that thread. They will create a file for you to eliminate the surging. Enjoy!

Ed
Wow! thanks ERBIII
Once I get it I will pm you in case something goes bad down the road! thanks again!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.