Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing my new flashpaq today and got text that said

Tuner Status:
Locked program w/error

It then went to recovery mode and after first recovery attempt it said-

Locked Recovery Mode

Then it just keeps going thru the same process over and over. My check engine light also came on.

Could it be because of the NOESP.com mod I did a few days ago?

Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I am not quite sure I understand your problem. Are you saying as soon as you hook up the flashpaq, then you get

Tuner Status:
Locked program w/error

Did you actually ever go through the whole process of installing the tune on your car, or did you get an error before you could? Did you buy the tuner new? Are you sure it is part #3825?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
did you buy it used? if so, the previous owner probably didnt reset his car to stock tune, thusly leaving the tuner locked to his car.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
did you buy it used? if so, the previous owner probably didnt reset his car to stock tune, thusly leaving the tuner locked to his car.
X2........The "lock" code indicates it's locked to the previouse owners vin info.
Need to take it back to them, have them plug it in and reset their car back to the stock settings, once done it will be unlocked for you to use.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
When SC starts up, doesn't it show the vin that is programed? All you have to do is plug it in, and when it comes on, look and the vin and see if it is yours.

·
Registered
348 Posts
X2........The "lock" code indicates it's locked to the previouse owners vin info.
Need to take it back to them, have them plug it in and reset their car back to the stock settings, once done it will be unlocked for you to use.
I think someone got played, oh no!! I seriously doubt the guy that sold it to u is gona A.) return your money or B.) return his sytem to stock. Imean why would anyone dude, hes enjoying the benifits of it basically for free.

Your only recourse is to warn as many people as u can of this scam so that no one else falls victem to this type of thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.