Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having a problem with their stock R/T grill emblem flaking or rock chipping? I've had my '06 Top Banana for 6 weeks, bought "new" from dealership with 216 miles.

Any recourse with the standard warranty or is that too petty or not even covered?

I thought about an overlay, but reflective concepts stopped making them; Or am I resigned to putting a new one on?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would take the vehicle back and have it replaced. "Bumper to bumper" warranty, means...bumper to bumper. Nothing should be too small to be replaced.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I would take the vehicle back and have it replaced. "Bumper to bumper" warranty, means...bumper to bumper. Nothing should be too small to be replaced.
That was a very stupid thing to say. One of the stupidest things I have heard in a long time in fact. Rock chips, road debris, it happens, they are not responsible for the paint chipping because it got hit by a rock! Of course it chipped! The dealer and Chrysler are not responsible for rock chips! I hit a deer a couple months ago and its antler gouged my front fascia. I have an appointment tomorrow under my 3/36k bumper to bumper...yeeaaaaaah, right.

YES, it is a very common issue. Mine chipped to hell after maybe 3000 miles, I repainted it and clearcoated it, it chipped again. I installed Reflective concepts thinking I would buy more if they got too dinged up...and now they don't make them anymore. Tough crap, ---- happens, and that's life. My foglights are totally shattered on both sides from rocks following my chin spoiler right up into them, that is nobody's fault, at all. Except MAYBE mine for not using rockblockers.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Mine was chipped to bits within a year. I like the 'rugged' look. It is most certainly NOT a warranty claim.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Dealer replaced mine last week under warranty. New one already has a chip in it! Guess it's just going to keep happening. Maybe I'll cover it in vinyl eventually. I think the key is to tell them it's peeling or flaking, not that it's getting hit by rocks. :wink:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Jus get a new one, but this time cover it with 3M clear protective film, that should do the job... Its a delicate piece, and hits rocks and sand particles straight on at high speeds... It happens...

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Dealer replaced mine last week under warranty. New one already has a chip in it! Guess it's just going to keep happening. Maybe I'll cover it in vinyl eventually. I think the key is to tell them it's peeling or flaking, not that it's getting hit by rocks. :wink:
Who's your dealer - sounds like I need to use them! :grin:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow titan, settle down my friend. Are you a angry DC service employee or something? I only commented on the elblem because of my fathers experiance with his R/T Caliber. He had some flaking issue with his chrome grille because of a rock hitting it, and the dealer replaced the entire grille under the bumper to bumper warrenty because of the flaking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts