Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow LX body enthusiasts..
I have swapped my 2.7l from my 2005 dodge magnum with a 2010 3.5l
This has been a very tough challenge, and I am eager to complete it. It is 95% done.. here is a list of everything purchased and paid for up to date. I of course will update when complete and running.. If anybody has helpful hints.. let me know! thank you all

Engine bracket –Dodge Dealership– $116.00
Engine Harness & computer –$246.27-
Alternator Harness – Dodge Dealership – 13.35
HARMONIC BALANCER -$50
TIMING CHAIN COVER - $25
AC COMPRESSOR – 86.15
6 coil pack pigtails - Dodge Dealership - $120
Thermostat housing – Dodge Dealership - $35
Serpentine belt - $10
Cam Position Sensor pigtail – Dodge Dealership - $28
Engine (2010 3.5l 40k miles w/just upper intake no bolt ons) - Craigslist- $400
Engine wiring diagnosis fee – Guy on craigslist - $75
Engine installation – Drunk guy on craigslist (BIG MISTAKE)- $800
AC Compressor hose - $??
Thermostat housing hose - $??
Oil (MOBILE 1 FULL SYNTHETIC) + Filter - $32.00
Trans fluid - $??
Coolant - $??
PCM Flash - $??
Upper intake - $??
So far $1356.77 spent
Upper and lower radiator hose - $40
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
05 2.7l Magnum w/ blown engine - $1400
Complete total so far - $2756

If you have any questions or need guidence, please let me know..

·
Registered
2 Posts
the only harness u needed was the engine harness ? and what about the dash harness and etc ?
and whats is the Engine wiring diagnosis fee for/do??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
peezy202

The diagnosis was in conjunction with engine installation that is basically labor work. Your parts list will be the same.. yes you only need the engine wiring harness.. the 2.7l and 3.5 models are so similar its mostly direct plug in.. have a good one good luck with your build

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello fellow lx body enthusiasts..
this has been a very tough challenge, and i am eager to complete it. It is 95% done.. Here is a list of everything purchased and paid for up to date. I of course will update when complete and running.. If anybody has helpful hints.. Let me know! Thank you all

engine bracket –dodge dealership– $116.00
engine harness & computer –$246.27-
alternator harness – dodge dealership – 13.35
harmonic balancer -$50
timing chain cover - $25
ac compressor – 86.15
6 coil pack pigtails - dodge dealership - $120
thermostat housing – dodge dealership - $35
serpentine belt - $10
cam position sensor pigtail – dodge dealership - $28
engine (2010 3.5l 40k miles w/just upper intake no bolt ons) - craigslist- $400
engine wiring diagnosis fee – guy on craigslist - $75
engine installation – drunk guy on craigslist (big mistake)- $800
ac compressor hose - $??
Oil (mobile 1 full synthetic) + filter - $32.00
trans fluid - $??
Coolant - $??
Pcm flash - $??
Upper intake - $??
So far $1356.77 spent
upper and lower radiator hose - $40
05 2.7l magnum w/ blown engine - $1400
complete total so far - $2756

if you have any questions or need guidence, please let me know..
attention !!
Im having a lil trouble with my build

i really wanted to know did u ever finish ya build and got in up and running ?? Also can u plzzz direct email me plz!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I have a 2005 magnum and I want to change from a 2.7 to a 3.5 but everything comes out of another 2005 magnum, would I have to do the same thing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The PCM flash was done at a dealer I am guessing? Do I just tell the dealer what I am doing and have them reflash it? I am in Wisconsin, and nobody will custom tune it here. It runs, I just have no throttle response. He never says if he ever finished in this post HemiLonestar.

Hey 2.7 to 3.5 swap enthusiasts. I have it all complete and ready to go thanks to Syked ECU Tuning out of Washington state. I actually missed a connection from the harness to the starter, but I got that fixed. The throttle was still sluggish and throwing codes P0171 and P0174. I sent the tune out to Syked and they enhanced the 2.7L ECU tune and got rid of the lean codes. The car runs like a champ now, like the engine came in the car. I know that this was a long process, but I wanted to make sure that everything went right. I have $1,300 into my car, which includes the car itself, the 3.5L engine with harness from Craigslist, and a tune. I lucked out on this one. Hopefully I will be able to do a HEMI swap in this same vehicle in a couple of years. Stay "tuned".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello fellow LX body enthusiasts..
This has been a very tough challenge, and I am eager to complete it. It is 95% done.. here is a list of everything purchased and paid for up to date. I of course will update when complete and running.. If anybody has helpful hints.. let me know! thank you all

Engine bracket –Dodge Dealership– $116.00
Engine Harness & computer –$246.27-
Alternator Harness – Dodge Dealership – 13.35
HARMONIC BALANCER -$50
TIMING CHAIN COVER - $25
AC COMPRESSOR – 86.15
6 coil pack pigtails - Dodge Dealership - $120
Thermostat housing – Dodge Dealership - $35
Serpentine belt - $10
Cam Position Sensor pigtail – Dodge Dealership - $28
Engine (2010 3.5l 40k miles w/just upper intake no bolt ons) - Craigslist- $400
Engine wiring diagnosis fee – Guy on craigslist - $75
Engine installation – Drunk guy on craigslist (BIG MISTAKE)- $800
AC Compressor hose - $??
Oil (MOBILE 1 FULL SYNTHETIC) + Filter - $32.00
Trans fluid - $??
Coolant - $??
PCM Flash - $??
Upper intake - $??
So far $1356.77 spent
Upper and lower radiator hose - $40
05 2.7l Magnum w/ blown engine - $1400
Complete total so far - $2756

I have a Chrysler 300 2005 with a 2.7 in it what do I need to do to put a 3.5 L out of a 2007 Chrysler 300 in it can it be done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if I am just the unluckiest guy or what but my swap is not going well. I bought a 07 Dodge Chrarger with the 2.7L engine locked for $700. I thought the swap would be smooth but didnt do enough research. I bought a 07 3.5L engine off of Ebay for $1450 with 84k miles. This came out of a 5 speed car RWD. The engine bolted to my 4 speed with no problems. However the wiring harness did not match. I found a wiring harness out of LQK U pull for 20 bucks. The problem is the alternator connector wasnt the same configuration. So I soldered on the original connector instead of swapping the alternator. I changed out all of the aforementioned items like ac compressor etc. I was able to get the car started but the car is revving up on it's own and the speedometer shows that it it is running 60 mph while the car is in park. So far the car is throwing two codes P0660 and I cant remember the other but it has something to do with low voltage. I'm thinking my issue is the alternator. The P0660 code is because the new wiring harness only had one connection for the the intake motor connectors that sit one the front and my intake has two. So I found an intake at LKQ for $30 bucks that had only one. The code is still there. Not sure if I need a PCM flash or what. Basically this is proving to be a tougher and costly exercise than I anticipated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts