Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my SXT off with my dealer on Friday to have him look at/fix all the items that have been brought up on the forum (trunk lid scratching the bumper, headliner loose, tranny recall, TSBs, A/C charge, computer reflash for A/C, etc. - thanks to everyone who has brought up these issues. I gave my dealer a list of about 20 different things :embarrese ). I'll let everyone know what happens.

·
Registered
600 Posts
gl with that! too bad these things had to happen

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least they're relatively small things. I, personally, have not had any problems. I am travelling this week, so I figured what the heck, why not let the dealer fix what he can, right?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's an update on what has been done, or is currently being done, to my SXT:

1. Done - computer flash for engine/transmission (TSB). This made a HUGE difference. The car is not nearly as sluggish off the line and shifts much smoother. I was told by my service dept to check back every couple of months to see if there are any computer updates.
2. Done - paint issue on trunk. The trunk was wet sanded and buffed out. The spot is gone and the trunk lid looks great.
3. Done - trunk lid rubbing rear bumper. Trunk lid was adjusted and the rub marks on the bumper were buffed out. I have to admit, I haven't checked to see how it looks and whether the problem is gone. I'll be sure to look when I get my car back.
4. Done - rattle on driver's side. My dealer found something that is like a large walnut, except is it smooth (except for what appears to be large teeth marks) and much harder (but not as hard as a rock). I have never seen anything like it before. I believe that it is something that I ran over on the interstate after it bounced off of a truck. I remember when it happened. I thought I had hit a rock.
5. Being done now - door guards replaced. The door guards were coming loose in places, so I am having new door guards put on.
6. Being done now - A/C module being replaced (TSB)
7. Being done now - Headliner being reattached (TSB). There is a new TSB out for the Charger and Magnum to reattach the headliner. Mine was loose in the front and in the rear.
8. Being done now - paint issue on hood. Like my trunk lid, there are some spots on the hood. It should also be wet sanded and buffed out.
9. Being done now - paint issue inside driver's side passenger door. There was an area of rough paint that was is being repaired.
10. Being done now - paint chips/flakes around the door handles.

I think that that's about it. There is nothing major being done. They are either TSBs or me just being overly anal about my baby. :embarrese

Thanks again for everyone on the forums who brought up these issues. Keep 'em comin'! My service guy now knows by name. I feel like Norm from "Cheers" when I walk in. And to top it off, the extremely nice gal that I have been dealing with in parts, for my exhaust and floor mats, is the service guy's wife.

For those of you in the Hampton Roads, VA area, be sure to check out First Team Dodge. Their service and parts departments rock! :rockon:

Oh, one thing that is going to be done soon...my MOPAR dual exhaust! It was shipped from CA on 10/21. :D Now I just have to wait for the Volant CAI. :cry:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
This site is: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/

Here is the complete list:

Search Results
Report Date : October 25, 2005 at 02:01 PM
SEARCH TYPE : VEHICLE
YEAR : 2006
Make : DODGE
Model : CHARGER
Type : PASSENGER CAR

Results : 6 | All records displayed
Make : DODGE Model : CHARGER Year : 2006
Manufacturer : DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION
Service Bulletin Num : 2401405 Date of Bulletin: AUG 11, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10016579
Component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL:AIR CONDITIONER
Summary:
HOT AIR FROM AIR CONDITIONING (A/C) DUCTS AT START UP AND/OR A/C SYSTEM DOESN'T COOL AFTER EXTENDED DRIVING IN HOT AND HUMID AMBIENT CONDITIONS. *TT
Check to Request Research. Submit below.

Service Bulletin Num : 0803805 Date of Bulletin: JUL 27, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10016025
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Summary:
AUTOMATIC HEADLAMPS SENSITIVITY IMPROVEMENT. *TT

Service Bulletin Num : 2101205 Date of Bulletin: JUL 23, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10016026
Component: POWER TRAIN
Summary:
NEW 42RLE VARIABLE LINE PRESSURE TRANSMISSION (VLP). *TT

Service Bulletin Num : 1803105 Date of Bulletin: JUL 21, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10016027
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
Summary:
SHIFT HESITATION DURING WIDE OPEN THROTTLE. TO INCLUDE 2005 DODGE CHARGER SRT-8. *TT

Service Bulletin Num : 2101105 Date of Bulletin: JUL 14, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10015066
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Summary:
NAG1 (W5A580) TRANSMISSION - SHUDDER WHEN TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH ENGAGES. *TT

Service Bulletin Num : 0803405 Date of Bulletin: JUN 30, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10016925
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Summary:
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) ILLUMINATION, DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCS) P0037, P0058, P0131, P0132, P0133, P0138, P0151, P0153, P0159. *TT

DJ

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see the TSB for the headliner. When I dropped off my car, the guy in the service department showed me the actual TSB; with the instructions on how to reattach the headliner. I'll see if I can get the number for it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks Guys this is great do you know if there is a TSB for the Trunk Scratching the Bumper I have less than 300 miles on my Go ManGo and it is badly scratched from the trunk lip hitting the bumper on closing.

Thx Brad

·
Registered
331 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but if I were to order a Charger today, would it be reasonable to assume that all of the prior TSB's wouldn't be an issue on my car?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
i would imagine so... you would think that when they issue the tsb the proper changes are made along the line so that DCX doesn't have to pay dealers for warranty work

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the paint issues that I've had, some of the spots were wet sanded and buffet out. For the others, my dealer's body shop had to order more paint in order to fix/touch-up the problem areas. I was told that to paint my black SXT, it is a 4-step process.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I asked the dealer to do all the TSB's prior to my delivery. They said they only do them if there is a problem. So of course when I did my walk around, no problems, no trunk rub, nothing, now I drove it for a day and the scratch has made it's appearance. So as Earl would say, "I just have to add you to my list".

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Well, i dropped off my Daytona at the dealership this morning to get TSB 1803105 applied. This is suppose to fix the shift hesitation during wide open throttle. Anyways, I thought I would get it done just in case i had the problem. IMHO, I really couldn't tell, but maybe, just maybe I would feel the difference. The service guy just called to let me know that they couldn't find it in there system. WTF? Has anybody actually have this done on their RT Charger?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
rander said:
Well, i dropped off my Daytona at the dealership this morning to get TSB 1803105 applied. This is suppose to fix the shift hesitation during wide open throttle. Anyways, I thought I would get it done just in case i had the problem. IMHO, I really couldn't tell, but maybe, just maybe I would feel the difference. The service guy just called to let me know that they couldn't find it in there system. WTF? Has anybody actually have this done on their RT Charger?
That TSB only applies to the SRT-8s...TSB's are only issued as a fix for a common problem, not all vehicles will have this problem...to give you guys an idea about what you are dealing with;DJ listed 6 that he found on Nhtsa's site...there are actually 8 TSB's dealing with body issues alone...TSB'S ARE NOT RECALLS....they just help the tech's research a fix for certain problems faster...some, like the trunk scrape issue, are very common...others, not so much...if you have an issue, post it and I will see if a TSB applies to you...

·
Registered
322 Posts
chargershed said:
That TSB only applies to the SRT-8s...TSB's are only issued as a fix for a common problem, not all vehicles will have this problem...to give you guys an idea about what you are dealing with;DJ listed 6 that he found on Nhtsa's site...there are actually 8 TSB's dealing with body issues alone...TSB'S ARE NOT RECALLS....they just help the tech's research a fix for certain problems faster...some, like the trunk scrape issue, are very common...others, not so much...if you have an issue, post it and I will see if a TSB applies to you...
- Chargershed,
When "my" Dealer's Service Manager called me back about my question for the Compressor always running - He told me that there will be a fix coming out, in the next few weeks (or so), for the trunk/bumper scratches (he said it would be some sort of adjustable rubber trunk stoppers)- Is there a TSB out for that issue yet ?

- Also, he told me that a new computer "flash" would be coming out soon(after it is approved by the EPA) - now this may just be for the V6 models, he said that he would like to apply it to my car. - Have you heard of this "Flash" ?

Thank you, in advance for your assistance,

Brian T.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had the computer flash done on my SXT last month. I was told by my service guy to check back with him every couple of months or so to see if a new update/flash might be out.

BT1024, did your service manager by chance tell you what the new flash coming out would address/include? Just curious.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ChargerSXT said:
I had the computer flash done on my SXT last month. I was told by my service guy to check back with him every couple of months or so to see if a new update/flash might be out.

BT1024, did your service manager by chance tell you what the new flash coming out would address/include? Just curious.
No, he did not tell me what it was for. I have had my car in there a couple of times since I bought it, but never an offer to flash it, until now.

Brian T.

·
Registered
33 Posts
rander said:
I tried to get my dealer to do this one this morning... No luck; tech says "access denied". He also noted that my tranny matches the p/n referenced in the TSB. What reading I've been able to do (...here and elsewhere) seems to indicate that this affects 300's, Magnums and Chargers, not just the SRT-8.

Regardless, my car, an SXT/3.5, definitely does this... makes passing someone kind of comical when I'm doing about 50 in 1st... :mad:

Ideas anyone??

·
Registered
63 Posts
When I got the car I noticed that the AC would sometimes not kick in until I turned the knobs a little. I thought this was common for European designed AC systems. (My buddy with a 06 BMW has it too) Finally I brought this up at the 5000k service and now I'm getting the HVAC controller replaced.
My question is : is that the same as the AC module?

Also, there is a slight hesistation when I shift from R to D and vice versa, ie 3 point turning. Is that the shift hesistation problem?

Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
117 Posts
On my Go Man Go I just picked up last night some of the issues mentioned in this forum were taken care of in the later production for of my car. I like many of you will keep looking for the minor issues mentioned in the past just to be sure. DAYTONA DODGE CHARGER GO MAN GO 3930 /4000. What an awesome car!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts