Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title implies, I’ve had my first car try to race my Daytona. I was on my way to work today on 183, keep in mind that I work for Travis County Sheriff’s Office, as it will come into play later. It’s about 2:10PM and I’m heading south on 183 towards work, about a ¼ mile from the 183 and 71 split. Those that travel that area will know what I’m talking about. I’m in the lane 2nd to the left to take the 71 exit towards the airport when I see a white, early to mid 90’s Mitsubishi Eclipse in the left turn lane at a light that I’m approaching. I pass through the intersection just as the light turns yellow and soon afterwards I see the white Mitsubishi in my rear view mirror fast approaching. He’s the lane 2nd from the right to take 183 towards Lockhart.

As he catching up I’m thinking to my self that he’s going to try and race me. Why he wanted to race in moderate traffic I had no idea, I’m not sure if he even knew the area very well since he’s in a lane that takes him straight. He finally gets close enough so that I can get a good look at the exterior. He’s obviously using a body kit, since his front fender was a darker white color from the rest of the car, I couldn’t, however, tell if his hood was after market. It had a hump on the drivers side close the windshield. What that meant I did not know. By now he’s pulled up along beside me and we’re coming up fast to the split. He’s close enough so that I can see some of the interior. On the driver side A pillar I see a pod full of gauges. While he’s along side me he tries several times to goad me into racing him, I can here is coffee can clearly now.

I’m keeping an eye on him out of the corner of my eye just incase he tries anything that would put him, me and other the drivers around us in danger. After about his 4th or 5th attempt to goad me he finally looks over to try and see me, since so far he’s just been looking toward my front right quarter panel to see if I speed up. As he looks over I see out of the corner of my eye as his eyes get very wide and he has a shocked look on his face. He’s finally seen that I’m in uniform and the big bold letter’s at the top of my shoulder patch that says SHERIFF. No less then half a second later he’s braking and braking hard. He’s trying as hard as he can to get as much distance between him and I until we reach the split. I turn left onto 71 to heads toward the airport while he’s moved over to the far right lane to go towards Lockhart.

I’m not sure to count this as a win as I didn’t even really try, not only that, but the entire time I was on cruise control. I never touched the pedal even once the entire time, although I did have my foot hovering the entire time in between the gas and brake, incase he wanted to try anything foolish. After all this was done I looked down at my odometer and saw that I hit 11k miles.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Not really a 'Kill' if your LEO uniform backed him down. Kinda like pulling up at a stoplight and deciding NOT to race the patrol car next to you.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
:lol: I would have enjoyed seeing his face :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not really a 'Kill' if your LEO uniform backed him down. Kinda like pulling up at a stoplight and deciding NOT to race the patrol car next to you.
So very true
But still a funny story "The Race that never was"
But down in side you wanted to mash the peddle didnt you and be honest.:devil:

the hump is because those cars have a turbo
I had a 2000 plymoth lazer same exact car they are quick i out ran alot of stangs with mine ,would have been close

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
So very true
But still a funny story "The Race that never was"
But down in side you wanted to mash the peddle didnt you and be honest.:devil:

the hump is because those cars have a turbo
I had a 2000 plymoth lazer same exact car they are quick i out ran alot of stangs with mine ,would have been close
I get that same feeling every time I see a patrol car. Deep down inside, I know that if I really had to, I could outrun them. Please don't tell me about radios, backups, helicopters, etc., - yes I know. It's the primal mano-Y-mano thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts