Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed the car today, lots of bad waterspots im gonna need to clay bar/wax to get the paint lookin as good as it can, but its a 06 and a DD so its no surprise. I finish up, used a little of the McGuiar's Tire shine i got just to try it out... Looks good, goes on easy-im all done, gettin ready to go inside for lunch when i see i forgot about the McGuiar's Spray Wax-I picked it up in a bargain bin in walmart for $3, thought eh what the hell might as well.

so i put a little on a section of the hood and BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM!

It basically removed what was a gray coat of filth on the car... at that point, because of how DRASTICALLY different the two areas looked-i was obligated to do the whole car!

as i was spraying and wiping away i was literally laughing out loud at how amazing of a job this stuff was doing.

sadly, the waterspots are still there but you cant see em until your up close. from any other distance or angle, the car just simply looks like a big sexy mirror :rocker:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Car looks awesome man. For water spots quick detail spray your golden. For drying the car try a leaf blower there wont be much water left to get you water spots as it removes most of the water plus in the area's u cant reach. Use it on your rims as well its the best advice i have ever been given. Then use your microfiber drying towel and your done. Remember damage to your paint is from washing,drying and dust removal. Its all about good technique. Got it 20 years ago from a vette user. Those guys dont mess around.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I love the smell of tire shine in the morning! Well, any time, actually. Looking good!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unless someone comes up with a force field to prevent dirt from touching your car no way ima going to buy a black car again. Black looks amazing clean but its a full time job keeping it that way:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Unless someone comes up with a force field to prevent dirt from touching your car no way ima going to buy a black car again. Black looks amazing clean but its a full time job keeping it that way:D
And the problem is....?:biggrinjester: Like you said it looks AMAZING!!! Sure it takes some work, but it is well worth every minute.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And the problem is....?:biggrinjester: Like you said it looks AMAZING!!! Sure it takes some work, but it is well worth every minute.
x2, plus when I'm 3-900 car lengths ahead of someone movin like a bullet you cant see any dirt on it :banana:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Nice looking ride!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
WOw looks great yes those water spots are a pain. We have such hard water here in Las Vegas they are really hard to work with.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Looks great! Wish I would have went with black :mad: lol

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
She's a beauty, eh!

Black, White, Torred, Silver - can't we all just get along... :banana:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Dilute a little vinegar in water, it'll take care of the water spots. And then in the future, flood it on the final rinse, and either be quick with the giant Microfiber towel, or use the leaf blower as suggested above.

California dusters work great in between washing to get rid of dust/pollen etc...
Black is a full time job, but nothing is prettier than a shiny clean black car......... :D Mine woulda been black in a heartbeat if I could have found one ;)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dilute a little vinegar in water, it'll take care of the water spots. And then in the future, flood it on the final rinse, and either be quick with the giant Microfiber towel, or use the leaf blower as suggested above.

California dusters work great in between washing to get rid of dust/pollen etc...
Black is a full time job, but nothing is prettier than a shiny clean black car......... :D Mine woulda been black in a heartbeat if I could have found one ;)
:bigthumb: thanks.

where i used to live, we had an abundance of trees, flowers and biiiiiig bees. As soon as id dry my car you could mistake it for a superbee with all the yellow on it-it was depressing lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts