Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the track on Wednesday night and was thinking of changing the version of my Diablo tuner from the latest one witch is the 18t to the 16. I've read that people like the 16 version much better than the others. What do you guys think I should do? Do you think it will make a difference?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going to the track on Wednesday night and was thinking of changing the version of my Diablo tuner from the latest one witch is the 18t to the 16. I've read that people like the 16 version much better than the others. What do you guys think I should do? Do you think it will make a difference?
Not sure, but I went to the track last week with my silver SRT (just like yours) and I ran a best 12.54 at 112 and I have version 16a. Another guy out there was running version 18 with his 300 SRT and he ran a best 12.90 at 109 and we have the exact same mods (AFE and Diablo). I will tell you, however, that before I went to the track I went back to the stock tune, then pulled fuse 11 for 30 seconds, then re-installed the performance CAI tune - I think that's what made the difference, not version 16a vs. 18, IMO.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm sorry, I have no input on your question...:(

So, how'd you do on Wednesday??????

·
Registered
722 Posts
Not sure, but I went to the track last week with my silver SRT (just like yours) and I ran a best 12.54 at 112 and I have version 16a. Another guy out there was running version 18 with his 300 SRT and he ran a best 12.90 at 109 and we have the exact same mods (AFE and Diablo). I will tell you, however, that before I went to the track I went back to the stock tune, then pulled fuse 11 for 30 seconds, then re-installed the performance CAI tune - I think that's what made the difference, not version 16a vs. 18, IMO.
Aerodynamics of the Charger are a little better than the 300. That might be the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts