Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well..it was bound to happen. I ended up needing a tow today.

Some backstory...we've got a bit snowstorm coming in tomorrow. I have an appointment Monday at the dealer for an Anti-freeze leak when it gets cold. So due to the snowstorm, I was going to drop it off there tonight...but first I was going to take it to Sears to get a new battery put in (17 below forecasted for Sunday night).

So before I went to Sears, I had to run to the store to get some last minute groceries (snow storm...gotta have that bread and milk ya know).

I walked out of Sam's, got in the car...aaand it won't shift out of park. Tried to over-ride thing...still nothing.

Ended up having to have to towed to the dealer. 8 years...first time it's ever been on a tow truck. It was embarrassing.

·
Registered
679 Posts
FYI - I have an autostick shifter with the billet tech pink thingy fix already done for sale it you are interested

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Damn that sucks! I thought dodge did a recall on the cars affected by this pink thingy.....Guess I know my next mod

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
They had a customer service bulletin, Ddaddy had a post on the memo.
I have also been putting this off, but always carry a screwdriver just in case... Gotta make sure the screwdriver is in the car tho... Where did i put it...
I'll call my dealer and see if they will put it in for free due to this service memo... Cant havs this happen to meh!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Here is the Customer Satisfaction Notification K39 for the shifter interlock replacement...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
On the tow truck? That Suxs!!! The infamous pink thingy strikes again. Good luck to you man! Hope she's back on the road quickly.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the Customer Satisfaction Notification K39 for the shifter interlock replacement...

Thank you for the information. I've had the car since it was brand new, and I never got a copy of this letter. You better believe I'll be calling them on Monday.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Thank you for the information. I've had the car since it was brand new, and I never got a copy of this letter. You better believe I'll be calling them on Monday.
It didnt apply to all models thats why you most likely didnt get a letter. I didnt receive on either

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
When ours broke, several years ago, dealer called customer care for us. Had a message on the phone machine saying they would pay for it by the time we got home.

We also never received that letter.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked the link to the Dodge Website...apparently mine isn't covered. I'm still going to call the dealer on Monday, and will likely have to call Dodge as well. It probably won't help, but it couldn't hurt.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I checked the link to the Dodge Website...apparently mine isn't covered. I'm still going to call the dealer on Monday, and will likely have to call Dodge as well. It probably won't help, but it couldn't hurt.
I think I will do the same. I wonder if one of us will be lucky enough to have the fan failure as well....

·
Registered
575 Posts
That sucks you had to have it towed.

I had this happen to me one day randomly of course. As it doesn't come at you any other way. No warning signs, just BAM! And you're stuck. Luckily for this forum I knew exactly what it was, didn't panic and just took off the center console cover and used a screwdriver for about a month. Got pretty good at it too, didn't even have to really look anymore.

BUT, I was also in my own driveway in sunny So. Cal when it happened with nowhere to be immediately...

I put off ordering the part from BT because of the price, and then I finally ordered the part off of Amazon. Got here the next day and it was kind of fun putting it in.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sucks you had to have it towed.

I had this happen to me one day randomly of course. As it doesn't come at you any other way. No warning signs, just BAM! And you're stuck. Luckily for this forum I knew exactly what it was, didn't panic and just took off the center console cover and used a screwdriver for about a month. Got pretty good at it too, didn't even have to really look anymore.

BUT, I was also in my own driveway in sunny So. Cal when it happened with nowhere to be immediately...

I put off ordering the part from BT because of the price, and then I finally ordered the part off of Amazon. Got here the next day and it was kind of fun putting it in.

Yea...this crap always happens at the worst time in regards to weather. Couldn't happen in summer...couldn't have even happened last weekend when it was in the 50's. Had to wait until we were within 24 hours of a Blizzard, I had to take it to the shop anyway, and the temp was going to be near 20 below 0 (F) the next day (not really "working in the garage" temps).

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
You could also try PMing "Dodge Cares" on here as well. Hope they fix it for you.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You could also try PMing "Dodge Cares" on here as well. Hope they fix it for you.
I'd thought about that, but I figured they were constantly bombarded with PM Questions and didn't want to bother them, unless the posted here first.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I'd thought about that, but I figured they were constantly bombarded with PM Questions and didn't want to bother them, unless the posted here first.
If you don't get an answer tomorrow, I say go ahead and PM them... That's one reason they're here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I replaced the pink thingie as soon as a got my car last year. I didn't wait to fall victim to it failing. Hopefully they'll take care of you quickly.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So far no update...the snowstorm really messed things up around here...hoping to hear back later today. Not that worried, all of the county roads into and out of my town are so buried that I wouldn't even be able to get it home if it were finished.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heard back just now...apparently it wasn't the "pink thingee", but the shifter itself (which would make sense since the over-ride down inside the console didn't work either)...all told, not horrible, about $400.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts