Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I hope whoever responds or reads this is staying safe and well during these times.

I’m looking to buy a 2021 Charger SCAT Pack and liked the standard features compared to the other models and my budget.

Is there anything worth adding that comes in this SCAT Pack whether performance or infotainment? Also how’s the overall performance of this car? I originally set out to buy a Nissan 370Z in Garden City, NY, but the lack of customer service and availability (they advertise it on their site but apparently don’t produce them?) lead me to move on to my back up which is the Charger. For a Sedan it has sex appeal I give it that and has 458HP compared to 332HP on a 370Z!

overall I’m looking for performance (power, durability, reliability etc) and what’s worth adding to this model vs. what’s not.

Any help would be super appreciated!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You will be very happy with the performance and the standard features are also very good for the money. My only advice would be to get a package that offers the wider rear tires. Other than that your looking at a sedan that sounds extremely aggressive and will run a high 11 second quarter mile from the factory.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dynamics package= better brakes and bigger tires.
HC stereo = Great sounds
The Scat Pack is really a great car and a real bang for the buck performance car,
After you put a few thousand miles the pcm changes to let you have full power and the beast really wakes up !!!!

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack Widebody
19 Posts
That's no tough choice between a Charger Scat Pack over a Nissan 370Z! I didn't even know the Z still existed! If they don't, I would chalk it up to lack of demand! A Charger is a high performance sedan you can live with everyday....and be able to carry 4 other friends to show them what it's got. With the the Widebody, a lot of the performance bits come as part of that package...but certainly you would want to add the Brembos and suspension upgrades from the Dynamics package..Joebiker is correct. Most of the other options are either for appearance or comfort/convenience. I was second guessing myself having ordered mine without the Harmon Kardon, but the standard Alpine is decent and besides... the sounds from the 392 are music to the ears. You will most certainly have better resale value from a Charger vs a Z, if only because the interest in Chargers is with all ages. Get used to getting a lot of thumbs up 👍 as well. .I've literally had mine for a week and it's happened about 5x already. Go for the Charger you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jb7227 as well as joebiker are very right indeed. I've had 2 of the new body style and the amount of fun and companionship you get from fellow mopar owners is like none other. The vehicles come pretty loaded as is and once you start laying into the throttle you wont be concerned with the small subtleties of the interior trim. Also a muffler delete costing a petty couple hundred will have you turning heads wherever you go.

·
Registered
190 Posts
With my budget, I had a choice of a barebones Scat or a loaded R/T.
I chose the R/T Daytona, and I love it. Sure the extra power would be nice, but is it really useable on the street? The R/T is fast enough to get to license losing speed in seconds.
If you were to only get one thing, I would look at the Daytona or Plus package. A lot of options included for a low price. The heated and cooled seats are awesome, so is the heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As someone who’s recently made the switch, I’ll give you my 2 pennies on your question.
I just ordered a ‘21 SP on 2/2, and am awaiting delivery. For years, I’ve daily-driven a 2011 Mustang GT coupe in NYC - except in winter months when I used a beater - and have loved every day I had with the car. Hell, I still love it. Last fall, though, I decided I was done screwing around with winter vehicles and the practical shortcomings that come with driving a 2 door coupe, but I didn’t want to sacrifice performance or give up a V8. I wanted something I could drive year round (with winter tires for the cold months, of course), throw passengers in the back unapologetically, and still travel in relative style with respectable performance capabilities.

To this end, the choice was easy. No other American manufacturer offers these benefits now, and the Germans won’t do it for anything less than the promise of your first-born son. I knew I didn’t want to drive an SUV like every other Joe, either. So what else is there?
As far as options are concerned: I think the Plus Group is a great value, and everything else comes down to taste and means. Caring about interior quality and luxury, I opted for the carbon/suede package. Not caring too much about the sound system, I didn’t bother with the overpriced HK sound system. I also got the sunroof, driver convenience group, and red calipers to match my interior. The bigger tires and brakes that come with the Dynamics Package are great, but for someone who needs to fit winter tires and wheels on the car and who WON’T be auto crossing his full size sedan, it just wasn’t worth the $2,300. I’m planning on fitting 275s over the stock wheels for summer driving as it is, and 4 pot Brembos are more than capable of stopping this car while costing less to maintain in the long run.
I hope the feedback helps you make an informed decision. Decide what’s important to you and your family (if you have one), and go from there. Either way, enjoy what you buy and you’ll be a happier man for it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The charger is good buy if you look at what you’re getting but the 370z will be better in the reliability department and long term ownership. Nissan makes stout tight motors and suspension components don’t wear out like a dodge will. This chargers, challengers, 300’s eat through steering/suspension components and after about 100k miles you’ll start to notice funny noises throughout the car. If you’re mechanically inclined than go for the dodge because you will replace stuff after warranty runs out.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
63 Posts
Hello All!

I hope whoever responds or reads this is staying safe and well during these times.

I’m looking to buy a 2021 Charger SCAT Pack and liked the standard features compared to the other models and my budget.

Is there anything worth adding that comes in this SCAT Pack whether performance or infotainment? Also how’s the overall performance of this car? I originally set out to buy a Nissan 370Z in Garden City, NY, but the lack of customer service and availability (they advertise it on their site but apparently don’t produce them?) lead me to move on to my back up which is the Charger. For a Sedan it has sex appeal I give it that and has 458HP compared to 332HP on a 370Z!

overall I’m looking for performance (power, durability, reliability etc) and what’s worth adding to this model vs. what’s not.

Any help would be super appreciated!!
I ordered my new SPWB in January, should be here in a week or two. After test driving one, I knew the Scat Pack offered the power and performance I wanted. I had a 370Z Nismo as a rental last fall and it was a fun car, but I was slightly underwhelmed by the power. I'm sure the Z would be a more reliable car post-100K miles, but the Charger was much more aggressive and the power was definitely impressive for a large sedan. I don't think you can go wrong with either, both are good cars. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dynamics package= better brakes and bigger tires.
HC stereo = Great sounds
The Scat Pack is really a great car and a real bang for the buck performance car,
After you put a few thousand miles the pcm changes to let you have full power and the beast really wakes up !!!!
Thanks for the feedback here, I am considering the Dynamics and Plus package. I agree about bang for your back because for almost same price getting more than I would’ve on the Z. Plus like the sound of unleashing the beast!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's no tough choice between a Charger Scat Pack over a Nissan 370Z! I didn't even know the Z still existed! If they don't, I would chalk it up to lack of demand! A Charger is a high performance sedan you can live with everyday....and be able to carry 4 other friends to show them what it's got. With the the Widebody, a lot of the performance bits come as part of that package...but certainly you would want to add the Brembos and suspension upgrades from the Dynamics package..Joebiker is correct. Most of the other options are either for appearance or comfort/convenience. I was second guessing myself having ordered mine without the Harmon Kardon, but the standard Alpine is decent and besides... the sounds from the 392 are music to the ears. You will most certainly have better resale value from a Charger vs a Z, if only because the interest in Chargers is with all ages. Get used to getting a lot of thumbs up 👍 as well. .I've literally had mine for a week and it's happened about 5x already. Go for the Charger you won't be sorry!
Yes the 370Z does still exist however, which is the problem I encountered now, they stopped making the model in 2020 as they are prepping to launch their new Z proto which looks whack. When I went to try buy a 2020 370Z the way I wanted was only able to buy it CPO and best they can do is 930 miles. Told them I’m interested multiple times but never got back to me even though told me to “act fast” and every time I ask for a VIN # they say we’ll get back to you but never did.

Got frustrating so here we are! Thanks so much for your feedback and I def. am leaning towards the Dynamics and Plus package when purchasing. Plus the sexy appeal is always a good thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With my budget, I had a choice of a barebones Scat or a loaded R/T.
I chose the R/T Daytona, and I love it. Sure the extra power would be nice, but is it really useable on the street? The R/T is fast enough to get to license losing speed in seconds.
If you were to only get one thing, I would look at the Daytona or Plus package. A lot of options included for a low price. The heated and cooled seats are awesome, so is the heated steering wheel.
Thanks for the feedback here, I def. am considering the Dynamics and Plus package. Daytona may be a bit out of reach with my budget but good to know the benefits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As someone who’s recently made the switch, I’ll give you my 2 pennies on your question.
I just ordered a ‘21 SP on 2/2, and am awaiting delivery. For years, I’ve daily-driven a 2011 Mustang GT coupe in NYC - except in winter months when I used a beater - and have loved every day I had with the car. Hell, I still love it. Last fall, though, I decided I was done screwing around with winter vehicles and the practical shortcomings that come with driving a 2 door coupe, but I didn’t want to sacrifice performance or give up a V8. I wanted something I could drive year round (with winter tires for the cold months, of course), throw passengers in the back unapologetically, and still travel in relative style with respectable performance capabilities.

To this end, the choice was easy. No other American manufacturer offers these benefits now, and the Germans won’t do it for anything less than the promise of your first-born son. I knew I didn’t want to drive an SUV like every other Joe, either. So what else is there?
As far as options are concerned: I think the Plus Group is a great value, and everything else comes down to taste and means. Caring about interior quality and luxury, I opted for the carbon/suede package. Not caring too much about the sound system, I didn’t bother with the overpriced HK sound system. I also got the sunroof, driver convenience group, and red calipers to match my interior. The bigger tires and brakes that come with the Dynamics Package are great, but for someone who needs to fit winter tires and wheels on the car and who WON’T be auto crossing his full size sedan, it just wasn’t worth the $2,300. I’m planning on fitting 275s over the stock wheels for summer driving as it is, and 4 pot Brembos are more than capable of stopping this car while costing less to maintain in the long run.
I hope the feedback helps you make an informed decision. Decide what’s important to you and your family (if you have one), and go from there. Either way, enjoy what you buy and you’ll be a happier man for it.
Wow this was an awesome detailed read and fun too lol thank you so much!

I’m in the same boat. I wanted something similar to the Z (sports car coupe) but don’t like the Mustang or Camaro and other coupe options are too pricey which is what made me turn to the Charger. Also in same situation as you living in NYC and thinking of winter performance, however, plan on moving to AZ soon so winter will be an afterthought. So I’m leaning towards def. Plus package and Sunroof (always wanted one!) and maybe Dynamics package.

My wife owns an SUV so that part is covered lol and no family yet but have to agree with her when she said why are you gonna buy a toy car we barely fit in instead of a real mans car with power and sex appeal (her words not mine)

I’m def. taking all you said into consideration though and thanks again super helpful!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The charger is good buy if you look at what you’re getting but the 370z will be better in the reliability department and long term ownership. Nissan makes stout tight motors and suspension components don’t wear out like a dodge will. This chargers, challengers, 300’s eat through steering/suspension components and after about 100k miles you’ll start to notice funny noises throughout the car. If you’re mechanically inclined than go for the dodge because you will replace stuff after warranty runs out.
Thanks for this feedback! I currently own an 06 Altima and it most def. has been reliable and only have 94K miles on it, so might take some time IF I buy the charger to get to the century mark. I will be sure to inquire about the warranty though that’s a good point

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered my new SPWB in January, should be here in a week or two. After test driving one, I knew the Scat Pack offered the power and performance I wanted. I had a 370Z Nismo as a rental last fall and it was a fun car, but I was slightly underwhelmed by the power. I'm sure the Z would be a more reliable car post-100K miles, but the Charger was much more aggressive and the power was definitely impressive for a large sedan. I don't think you can go wrong with either, both are good cars. Good luck!
Wow so if I do buy one there’s gonna be some lead time to arrive huh ? I don’t mind since it’s winter but curious what time frame they gave you ?

it’s helpful you drove both and can relate so appreciate the input!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another thing to consider is that they recently disbanded the srt division since merging with that overseas company. So the days are numbered as we know it and the dealerships are already starting to raise prices well above MSRP. Terrible news but it is what it is.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts