Reaction Time: 0.396
60 Foot Time: 2.157
330 Foot Time: 5.967
1/8 Mile Time: 9.047
1/8 Mile MPH: 79.72
1000 Foot Time: 11.697
1/4 Mile Time: 13.937
1/4 Mile MPH: 101.22

Second (I was in reverse when the tree started to drop)
Reaction Time: 0.691
60 Foot Time: 2.232
330 Foot Time: 6.070
1/8 Mile Time: 9.174
1/8 Mile MPH: 79.42
1000 Foot Time: 11.843
1/4 Mile Time: 14.088
1/4 Mile MPH: 101.87

Final Run
Reaction Time: 0.137
60 Foot Time: 2.217
330 Foot Time: 6.070
1/8 Mile Time: 9.157
1/8 Mile MPH: 79.70
1000 Foot Time: 11.815
1/4 Mile Time: 14.053
1/4 Mile MPH: 101.30

First run was with Diablo tuner with raised shift points etc. Other two runs are without. I have JBA Headers, mids, and catback along with AFE stg II intake. Were these ok times? I must say I though it would run a little quicker. What can I improve?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weather was 65-70 with 80-100% humitidy.

·
Vendor
791 Posts
06MDCharger, was that you at Cecil tonight??? I came around a couple of times near the car that was there but couldn't distinguish who's it was. If so, hope you'll be out next week. Hopefully it will be cooler, too. The air tonight was awful.

Good runs, though. You still have some room for improvement on your 60' times. You could easily drop another 0.2s on street tires, and improving those will get you in the 13.7's.

I suggest getting a cooler thermostat and possibly a jumper-connection to turn your fans on while you're in the lanes, cooling between runs. Nights like tonight need as much cooling as possible.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I agree that your 60 foot times need to be improved upon.
Make sure that the motor is as close to 140 temp as possible.
Turn the ESP off and brake torque to 1,500 rpm
Practice the shoulder roll technique.

Your 60 foot time will drop and your times will as well
If you need any help feel free to look at my post on
"how to drag race the right way"
It is a sticky in this forum

Regards
Chuck

PS---look at my sig on the bottom of this post for the times that CHERRY has run with only 3 small mods

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
06MDCharger, was that you at Cecil tonight??? I came around a couple of times near the car that was there but couldn't distinguish who's it was. If so, hope you'll be out next week. Hopefully it will be cooler, too. The air tonight was awful.

Good runs, though. You still have some room for improvement on your 60' times. You could easily drop another 0.2s on street tires, and improving those will get you in the 13.7's.

I suggest getting a cooler thermostat and possibly a jumper-connection to turn your fans on while you're in the lanes, cooling between runs. Nights like tonight need as much cooling as possible.

Joshua, HHP
Yes sir it was. My plans got completely turned around when the Diablo showed up at my house at 5:00. I had to update my car and everything which made me late. Then two buddies with Fords wanted to go and held me up further. I am going to try to get off next Wed and hope to make it up.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Do I still need a 180 thermostat with the Diablo? I have changed my fan settings using that, or that a different animal? My car temp always seems to skyrocket to 204-6 just a few minutes after the car running (just daily driving).

Also I know my times will get just a little better if I can get to the damn line without going over. The second and third trips down I went over. The second I was still trying to get it to drive when the tree was dropping. The third time I got it in drive but couldn't get it to auto stick nor had time to power brake. I'm sure neither of these things helped but I think engine temp was a problem as well.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Also, if you had it programmed, stupid HAL has to learn how to do everything again, and it is reported that adding any mods to our cars takes a while for the full effect to kick in.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
well another thing making it harder for him to get into the mid 13's are his wheels... or i could be wrong... but in the pics it looks like you got some 20" srt replicas? i bet those are a bit heavier than the stock 18"ers, but i do think those wheels look great!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well another thing making it harder for him to get into the mid 13's are his wheels... or i could be wrong... but in the pics it looks like you got some 20" srt replicas? i bet those are a bit heavier than the stock 18"ers, but i do think those wheels look great!
That's correct I have 20"s Srt rims (OEM but still 20"). I will be going to the 18"s for winter soon and would love to run them with the 18"s to see the difference.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
How many cars were there last night??? I want to go but not when its packed.... :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've never been before, but by friends who I were with said it was "empty" compared to Friday nights. The wait was not long at all after you made your run. I'm going to go again this Wendesday if I can, and I believe HHP will be there. You should come up if you can.

·
Registered
416 Posts
60' times are killing you. Good MPH. Seems that your engine was running a little hot, if it was cooler you'd pick up more on the back half.

Check out Chuck's "How To Drag Race". Excellent tips and tricks. Get that 60' time down to say 1.9's and you're easily running 13.6's or better.

Either way, seems like you had a blast. Can't wait for the spring up here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts