Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my neighbor picked up a 2007 mustang gt a couple of months ago. I was polite and complimented him on it. He then got a new exhaust and again I was polite and complimented on how nice it sounded. Then he went for a cold air kit and a tune and he said how it really opened her up. So, I was nice again, and told him it looked real good.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, we all were knocking back some bruskies, and that's when he started telling me how fast his car was and that he could take me. So I played dumb and said oh, I don't know, maybe you could, etc...
So we went down to the local 1/8 mile track last night to settle it. I was telling him stuff like, oh yeah, you're gonna get me in the 1/8 cause you have a standard and I'm not that fast off the line and other such bs really boosting his confidence/ego.
We raced 4 times and here's how it went down:
Race 1: My first time so I looked like a deer in the headlights watching the lights on the tree. I see the green, but I was all confused until I saw him starting to move. So I get on it, and he's spinning in 1st, then 2nd, and then 3rd. Results: Me: [email protected], him [email protected]

Race 2: Before the race, I tell him that all he needs is traction and he's got a good chance trying to build up his confidence before I whoop him again. I was more aware of the light tree this time and got a better start, but he got an even better start and jumped out slightly ahead, but I reeled him in when he chirped going into 2nd.
Results: Me: [email protected], him [email protected]

We then raced two more times with both of us improving our tactics:
Race 3 results: Me: [email protected], him [email protected]
Race 4 results: Me: [email protected], him [email protected]

CHARGER 4 - Rustang 0 :lol: :lol: :lol:

We stood and watched other cars for an hour before it was time to go. I asked him if he wanted to go one more time before we left and he said no :(

So is my best time of [email protected] good, bad, or about average? It was like 98 degrees out so my car ran about 200 degrees. I didn't ice or adjust tire pressure. I did the 1500 power brake at the line with a slight burnout (avoiding the water) before lining up.

I know we're faster than gt's, but I'm afraid he only needs one more decent mod to be equal.

I really enjoyed going to the track and would reccomend it to anyone who hasn't done it yet.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great story ... I have not had mine to the track yet to check your numbers ...

Just caught another thread that said an r/t was 9.2something in the 1/8th

1 - 2 of 2 Posts